Alpha+.2

Link up A&A Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940, and you've got Axis & Allies Global 1940.
questioneer

Re: Alpha+.2

Post by questioneer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Imperious leader wrote:Thats good. look forward to your ideas.

Thanks man, your swell. :D

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:37 pm

OZTEA
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:20 pm

oops :oops:

oztea

Post by oztea » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:31 pm

LOL, we all have alpha fever

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Yeah, what a time for Larry to go on vacation. Hope Micky Mouse gives him some good ideas.

Cmdr Jennifer

Post by Cmdr Jennifer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 pm

I've been thinking, I understand the whole you cannot upgrade a complex on enemy territory thing. It really works out in about 90% of the cases. However, it sure would be great if you could upgrade the complex on enemy capitols! For one, it still costs you 20 IPC, for another, these territories are usually worth in excess of 4 or 5 IPC anyway so they are not your normal territories (exceptions exist, for instance, New South Wales).

Why?

1) Kinda nuts you take Russia and then have to put complexes in ROS, NUKr, just so you can put 15 Infantry into Asia a round. Doable, but kinda nuts when it's more realistic that you could put significant resources into restoring Moscow and have full functionality.

2) The allies could really use a boost in Rome if they go that route. (Because it means they severely weakened the attack on Japan, which is what I think we want.) Still doable without it, but once they get S. Italy, it should be easier for them to hold it, I think.

3) London, need I really say it?
A) I don't think this is a place Germany is going to upgrade until they have Moscow anyway.
B) Not in the worlds best place for the axis either.

4) New South Wales: invalid, territory is only worth 2 IPC, so no one can make it a major complex anyway.

5) Japan: America could use this as a major complex as well, but it would probably never happen as most axis players would conceed if Tokyo fell, I think,.

6) Washington DC: If you can hold this to the point you would be legally permitted to upgrade to a major complex, then I submit that the game is already over but your opponent is being obstinant about surrendering.

7) Berlin. See #6

8) France, should be the exception to the rule. Germany does not need another major compolex in Europe and the allies cannot take control of the territory anyway (except France, of course.)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!

Caractacus

Post by Caractacus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:27 am

Cmdr Jennifer wrote:I've been thinking, I understand the whole you cannot upgrade a complex on enemy territory thing. It really works out in about 90% of the cases. However, it sure would be great if you could upgrade the complex on enemy capitols! For one, it still costs you 20 IPC, for another, these territories are usually worth in excess of 4 or 5 IPC anyway so they are not your normal territories (exceptions exist, for instance, New South Wales).
I don't like it as it violates historical capabilities so much. Just because the space is a capital doesn't mean it would have been any easier to turn it into the Rhine/Ruhr area...
Cmdr Jennifer wrote:France, should be the exception to the rule. Germany does not need another major compolex in Europe and the allies cannot take control of the territory anyway (except France, of course.)
Plus we get an immediate exception?

Does the game really need this?

Without a serious game-play need, I wouldn't want to see players churning out ten units a turn from an enemy ex-capital...
Caractacus.

Cmdr Jennifer

Post by Cmdr Jennifer » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Yes, the game seriously needs the ability for Germany or Japan to drop a major complex in Moscow/Calcutta.

Why?

Because the allies can hold out for a LONG time preventing a VC win before finally submitting even after losing India and Russia. If the axis could drop the cash to upgrade either of this they could end a game they already won, but do so in 5 or 6 rounds instead of 20 or 30 rounds.

Likewise, if USA could upgrade Rome they could end the game in 2 or 3 rounds instead of 7 to 10 rounds.

France does not HAVE to be an exception, it only makes sense.

And yes, it makes historical sense, if Moscow is big enough for a major when Russia was so weak at the start of the war, then it is certainly strong enough for one under the vaunted German command! (Historically speaking, St. Petersburg should be the major complex in Russia, as it was the one Czar Peter created to be European-like. Game wise, it makes sense for Moscow, I grant.)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!