Your Comments:

Link up A&A Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940, and you've got Axis & Allies Global 1940.
Gargantua

Re: Your Comments:

Post by Gargantua » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:48 am

I wonder if Larry even remembers this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsorF5EVokM
Seeing JAP over and over, always made me wonder... "How many Japs did Harris Senior Kill?" and "How many japs had to die to inspire A&A"? Hahaha. :P

LARRY, we've got your back on this, Do this for the Harris namesake, don't leave us in the lurch! AxisandAllies.com will rise again! and so will the online interactive game I hope...

I would DONATE money to the cause...

Noll

Post by Noll » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:07 am

Hey Garg you know that "JAP" is as derogatory as saying the "n" word? I have to deal with tons of Japanese people and I know they get pretty offended if you call them like that today.
Last edited by Noll on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gargantua

Post by Gargantua » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:00 pm

"JAP" is as derogatory as saying "Nigger"?
You're wrong, and I'm offended that you've insulted my heritage.

You have called everyone who killed japs and called them by that name a racist.

Those are the people who fought for our freedom! In the mud, spilling blood!

If it was good enough for Larry's dad, freedom, and Uncle Sam, it's good enough for me!

You FAIL to understand that I live in a place the Japs BOMBED. That there hadn't been war here for over 100 years before they attacked, and there hasn't been since.

There are many other derogatory terms for these invaders, which I will not repeat, but JAP is, and WILL REMAIN unoffensive. Infact, If you fly to Japan on the premise of apologizing for nuking them, or calling them japs, they will deny your access to the country - just ask the president.

WORSE you have dropped the N bomb publicy, what a despicable, I hope you recieve disciplinary action for using such a derogatory term on a family website.

Gargantua

Post by Gargantua » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:15 pm

I hope you realize NOLL, that if those SAVAGES had had there way, there wouldn't BE Axis and Allies. And we wouldn't BE having this conversation.

I mean, what if Mr. Harris had been hurt? We might not have Larry to inspire us and bring us Axis and Allies. - Game Over.

Today is December 7th of all days, And on the 70th anniversary of one of the most deveastating and defining moments of American history,you DARE to publically state, that you think some people (implying yourself) might be offended by the coloquial term JAP?

IF THEY OR YOU ARE OFFENDED - I'M GLAD.

YOU ARE DISGUSTING
Last edited by Gargantua on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cmdr Jennifer

Post by Cmdr Jennifer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Didnt they use the derogatory term "Nip" since Japan in Japanese, I believe, is Nippon?

Of course, my absolute favorite news real from the time calls the Japanese "Our buck toothed friends from the east!" Now THAT's an offensive term!
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!

Thantonous

Post by Thantonous » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:48 pm

My Grandfather fought at Pearl Harbor and he always refered to them as NIPS.

Gargantua

Post by Gargantua » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Larry Harris's Dad called them JAPS in his journal, per the video above... and I believe if you look up "JAP WAR" that's what many people called them.

TheOne

Post by TheOne » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Freedom of speech is one of those little thing we still have due to people like Larry sr. Thanks to all who served and all who are serving to make sure these freedoms remain!! God bless America.
We all share the same planet....But live in our own little worlds!!!