Your Comments:

Link up A&A Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940, and you've got Axis & Allies Global 1940.
Thantonous

Re: Your Comments:

Post by Thantonous » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly! Tell me all about it.

corriganbp

Post by corriganbp » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:30 pm

Isn't Garg from Canada? When he mentions bombing is he talking about the infamous bombing of Saskatchawan, where the Japanese balloon bombs took out a fence?

http://archives.cbc.ca/on_this_day/01/12/

Kaufschtick

Post by Kaufschtick » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:20 am

KimRYoung wrote: There are many derogatory terms for Asian’s, but comparing the shortened Jap with the “N-Word” is so far over the top as to be absurd.
Honda has had a major auto presence here in central Ohio for some twenty years now, and I have a cousin who has worked there from the start. Noll is 100% correct.
Gargantua wrote:Seeing JAP over and over, always made me wonder... "How many Japs did Harris Senior Kill?" and "How many japs had to die to inspire A&A"? Hahaha. :P
Guargantua's comments are not only distasteful, but again, racial in nature and tone, which speaks volumes about him.
Thantonous wrote:How about we just get back to the game Noll, lets quit worrying about Political correctness.
Noll has a completely valid point here, there is a world of difference between political correctness and racially insensitive/inflamitory comments.

The last two pages of this thread are a disturbing read, to say the least.
Young, Rodger W., Private, 148th Infantry, 37th Infantry Division; born Tiffin, Ohio, 28 April 1918; died 31 July 1943, on the island of New Georgia, Solomons, South Pacific, while singlehandedly attacking and destroying an enemy machine-gun pillbox.

swabianleader

Post by swabianleader » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:51 am

Amen Kaufschtik !
I also know a few nice Japenese guys who find it offensive, and of course
I´m glad if no one call me "Kraut" or something else only because I´m a german guy 8)
Aretha Franklin has a nice song called R.E.S.P.E.C.T :D
Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

Thantonous

Post by Thantonous » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:08 am

I stand corrected, I just want to steer this back to the game. It is considered an abbreviation but in todays world is also considered a racial slur. My intensions were to move past it and back to Axis & Allies. So my appologies for my contribution to any one offended.

So how many would buy a Computer version of Global 1940 and what would you like to see? Many have stated that it would be pretty easy to do, what is everyones
thoughts?

Gargantua

Post by Gargantua » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:44 am

but again, racial in nature and tone, which speaks volumes about him.
That's very presumptious, and I fail to see where anything I have said, anywhere on this site even hints at the allegations you are making.
He who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it a second and a third time, till at length it becomes habitual; he tells lies without attending to it, and truths without the world's believing him. This falsehood of the tongue leads to that of the heart, and in time depraves all its good disposition." --Thomas Jefferson (1785)

Be careful what you allege - and provide PROOF, else be called a Liar Kauf.

And if anything... Noll going around typing - and I'll quote
"Nigger" ~Noll
is what's offensive.

If any of you actually READ what I write you will quickly realize the clarity of my position.
There are many other derogatory terms for these invaders, which I will not repeat, but JAP is, and WILL REMAIN unoffensive ~Gargantua
WORSE you have dropped the N bomb publicy, what a despicable act, I hope you recieve disciplinary action for using such a derogatory term on a family website. ~Gargantua

We've both made our very CLEAR statements. I accept the proposal to move forward despite obvious inaccuaracies.

Regarding thoughts on the Video game... well, who OWNS the rights to Axis and Allies? If it's not Larry Harris? then Who? and how much would it be worth? If we the fans bought them, to give them back to Larry, on the Premise he gave us what we wanted... that would be worth thinking about!

P.S.
FOR THE RECORD I DRIVE A TOYOTA - HONDA's are for the WEAK

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Hey Garg, I think it is ok to shorten up Japan or Japanese to "Jap" when talking about the game, or plastic units on the game board (we have all done that). I think you crossed the line when you put a face to it in that quote about Harris Senior. I think it was disrespectful to his memory and other the vets that fought on both sides in this case, and I'm sure Larry won't appreciated it if/when he reads it. Do the right thing and edit/delete that post.

As for Noll, I didn't like bringing in the "N" word either, that too was over the top.

You both (and the rest of us too) should go back and edit those couple posts, and move on. Trying to defend your positions is only going to draw more fire. Just go back and fix it :!:

Gargantua

Post by Gargantua » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:54 pm

I think you crossed the line when you put a face to it in that quote about Harris Senior.
I think it was disrespectful to his memory and other the vets that fought on both sides in this case
I appreciate what you think and your comments are noted. I think differently however. That's all. If we went to war with Japan today, it would be just as acceptable to use the term in Media, or amongst the Marine corp and the general public as it was then, and IS NOW.

Infact there is a government body, called the FCC that regulates "offensive" terms from conventional family media.

If the term "JAP" Is not considered an offensive word by the GOVERNMENT of your country, or mine, and there are no legal ramifications or implications for using the term publically, thus there is no problem, despite what anyone thinks (You or I).

I hold my stance because This is a slippery slope gentlemen, I can just see it years from now, your kids, are going to be telling my kids, to call them "Minor Attracted Persons" instead of "Pedophiles". And they'll both be as equally entrenched!

This really isn't the place for this... perhaps General Discussion at AA.org? We're supposed to be making comments to make the game better here!