Your Comments:

Link up A&A Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940, and you've got Axis & Allies Global 1940.
WILD BILL

Re: Your Comments:

Post by WILD BILL » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Gargantua wrote: This really isn't the place for this... perhaps General Discussion at AA.org? We're supposed to be making comments to make the game better here!
Exactly, that's why I think we should all back track and delete post that have derailed this thread. You can set the example and go first :)

Come to think of it, this wasn't even meant to be a discussion thread. Just toss your ideas at the wall in a format that Larry put forward, and see what sticks. Anyway I won't spend anymore time on this, as it is getting more distracting by just acknowledging it.

Gargantua

Post by Gargantua » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Username: Gargantua the vile and rude - Haha
Subject: Expansion Packs

Please Make Available, EXPANSION PACKS for the game.

Contact Fieldmarshalgames and work IN CONJUNCTION with him, so that you BOTH MAKE A PROFIT http://fieldmarshalgames.com/

Then make Axis and Allies "booster" packs, much like the mini's, where you can add units to the game, for customization purposes, OR for alternate rules purposes...

Like armored cars, Mines, Coastal Guns, Fortresses, City pieces, Air/naval bases, light tanks, etc, etc, etc, with alternate rules.

Put 10 pieces of 1 type of unit, for each country, in a box, with a copy of the rules, and sell the box for $20. PEOPLE WILL BUY THEM. Perhaps make it order online only, and you only send an order in when so many orders (100) have been made, or whatever, to insulate yourself.

FMG already has all the contacts, and distribution etc in place. It would only make sense that you dial 1-800-FMG and say hey, with an official endorsement, can you keep doing what you're doing already ANYWAYS, and we all profit from it TOGETHER, whilst supplying a new faculty for the players to enjoy, and immensly improve the quality of their A&A experience!

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, YOU COULD SELL SETUP CARDS FOR ALTERNATE SCENARIOS, WHAT WOULD THAT COST TO MAKE? F - ALL.

In the end more revenue coming in, means more Axis and Allies coming out... Come on LARRY!

Gargantua

Post by Gargantua » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Username: Gargantua the terrible
Subject: Don't let us die Larry!

LARRY
Get Krieghund and two other volunteers to help you...

Go through this comment thread, and hand select what you guys think are the TOP 100 Suggesstions.

Present those ideas in a single place for everyone to read, and consider some of them for SALEABLE EXPANSION PACKS, RULE PACKS, (Market them in a cool box as a -Mission pack-), and FUTURE A&A Games.

My only other suggestion, people by the game to PLAY. Focus on the rules that make the game more FUN over rules that make things more realistic but too complicated.

Good Luck!

Noll

Post by Noll » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:12 am

I used the "n" word as a comparative, I'll edit it anyway.

Cmdr Jennifer

Post by Cmdr Jennifer » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:17 am

Gargantua wrote:FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, YOU COULD SELL SETUP CARDS FOR ALTERNATE SCENARIOS, WHAT WOULD THAT COST TO MAKE? F - ALL.

A) Just use FFS, it makes more grammatical sense. :P
B) I have to agree, as loathe as I am to agree with Gargantua. (spthth). You could either sell alternative setup cards for earlier/later start periods (Anniversary has 1941/1942 so I know it can be done!) and various other scenarios. I'd bet a set of cards with a few addendum sheets could be sold for $19.95 and cost what? Other than time to playtest them (you don't pay your testers, do you? If so, I recommend firing the lot of them and getting online gamers to do it for you free!) and going to Kinkos (~$4.00 to print it all in the most expensive city in the country: Chicago) you'd still make a pretty penny.
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!

oztea

Post by oztea » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:17 pm

No, Wizards wont go through the trouble of making alternate setup cards just so a dozen people buy them and one of those people transcribes the setup to AA.org.

Never going to happen.

Cmdr Jennifer

Post by Cmdr Jennifer » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:04 pm

oztea wrote:No, Wizards wont go through the trouble of making alternate setup cards just so a dozen people buy them and one of those people transcribes the setup to AA.org.

Never going to happen.

That would be plagerism and the policy is I have to go in and delete that post if it contains links to plagerism or plagerism. I don't always get it quickly, but eventually someone brings it to my attention.
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!

Caractacus

Post by Caractacus » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Cmdr Jennifer wrote:That would be plagerism and the policy is I have to go in and delete that post if it contains links to plagerism or plagerism. I don't always get it quickly, but eventually someone brings it to my attention.
Good for you! Intellectual property rights need to be protected from plagiarism.
Caractacus.