This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at http://www.harrisgamedesign.com. Please read it and become familiar with it as its terms are retroactive and by posting on this forum you agree to follow these rules or you will be given a warning which could lead to banning and deletion of your posts.
1) Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning which could lead to banning.
2) Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Harassing or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to 1 warning and if the warned member does not stop and obey the warning then they will be banned immediatly with no further warning. Because their posts had abusive content the banned member's account will be deleted and all the members posts will be deleted.
3) Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a Moderator or Administrator (Elbowmaster, Larry and Ddeo). Please use the "post report" feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly "act" as moderators may be warned which could lead to banning.
4) Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning which could lead to banning.
5) Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning which could lead to banning and their post will be removed.
6) Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community.
7) Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
8) Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned which could lead to banning.
9) Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic.
10) Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed which could lead to banning.
11) The moderators and administrators reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. Please note that currently any very first post is automatically placed in the moderation queue and will be approved/disapproved according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Moderators/Administrators and not users.
12) The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings which could lead to banning. When sending any Private Messages, you agree that your message can be read at any time by the Administrator in addition to the member you are sending it to. As a policy the Administrators will never read private messages unless there is some claim of abuse, harrassment or other reasons that are in violation of these rules.
13) Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6KiB (6144 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed unless you are Larry. Remote signature images must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
14) Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
15) Any use of harassment or personal information of another user is strictly prohibited and will result in the user being warned 1 time. If the user does not fix his/her signature after the 1 warning then they will be banned and the account and posts will be deleted.
16) Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. You may not link to warez, porn, racist or other similar hate sites or sites about other users of this forum. Links are included in signature size limits.
17) Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 120 pixels square, contain no animation (except for Larry), contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 12KiB (12288 Bytes) in filesize. Remote avatars must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
18) Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
You must read them - retroactive for all members
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest