Re: Designer Notes.

If you're looking for a quick or introductory game of Axis & Allies this is the one. It also has a very special collection of never before seen plastic units.
Just to mention a few: German Tiger tank, Russian IS2 tank, US P40 Warhawk, German FW-190 Folkwolf, Japanese Kongo class battleship and the HMS Hood, and oh yeah... the German He-111 Heinkel bomber.
Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:06 am

These are the Designer Notes that are found in the rulebook. I'm posting them because I think they pretty well sum up what this small game is all about.

The Axis & Allies 1941 Designer Notes:

This is not the first game of Axis & Allies ever published... (You’d have to go back a few decades to find that one). This is not even the biggest or most complicated version of Axis & Allies. You’d need to play the combined games of Axis & Allies Europe and Pacific 1940 for that. But, when it’s all said and done, this might end up being the most-played version of the game ever published.

If you’re an old veteran of Axis & Allies games this particular game will delight you with its very special collection of Axis & Allies plastic units. You’ll also immediately recognize its simplicity: It has been stripped down to brass tacks and rendered lean and mean. You will realize how handy this game can be when introducing new players to the Axis & Allies line. You might also be surprised at how quickly World War II can be won or lost.

If this is your first time playing Axis & Allies you are about to control one of the great powers of World War II. You can decide to experience the war from the Axis point of view by controlling either Japan or Germany. If that is the game you want to play, then you’d better be prepared to capture as many territories and control as many strategic resources as possible. Time is not on your side. Failure to tip the balance of power before the allies (the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union, and the United States) combine their forces and bring their massive industrial production against you will lead to your complete and unconditional surrender.

Whatever you experience, as a player of this game you’ll be confronted by many of the same strategic and economic challenges that the actual leaders of the that time and place did. Win or lose you will walk away with a much deeper understanding of what World War II was all about.

- Larry Harris

Coldwarrior1984

Post by Coldwarrior1984 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi Larry,

Just a quick note to say thank you for this game. It is perfect to introduce my kids to the game and WWII and it is great for us older gamers that just cannot invest the 10 hours to play a global game anymore.

I love it.

I did go to Historical Board Gaming and get Japanese, American, and British tanks, etc. to make the pieces more accurate; but I LOVE the Tiger tanks and Stalin tanks.

Thank you again for giving so many of us so much fun and happiness. I wish you all the best.

God bless,
George Husted

PS. I bought 2 copies - double blind games are a blast!

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Hey George... Thank you

Now if I can just get everybody to play double blind :lol:

Cyf_Nwyl_1412

Post by Cyf_Nwyl_1412 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:44 am

Larry,

I love this version of the game. Have been playing Axis & Allies since the early '90s and this is my favorite--simple, elegant, and fast-paced. The way you have set it up--map, pieces, ipcs--opens up a lot of possibilities for every new game depending on the play styles. Like go or chess, I say, the key to a good strategy game is simple rules that allow for complex permutations. Also, I like that anyone can sit down for several hours and finish a satisfying game, this makes it much easier and more enjoyable to organize games. Thank you so much for putting this one together!

Best Regards,
Chris