Allies difficult?

If you're looking for a quick or introductory game of Axis & Allies this is the one. It also has a very special collection of never before seen plastic units.
Just to mention a few: German Tiger tank, Russian IS2 tank, US P40 Warhawk, German FW-190 Folkwolf, Japanese Kongo class battleship and the HMS Hood, and oh yeah... the German He-111 Heinkel bomber.
SCguardsman89

Allies difficult?

Post by SCguardsman89 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:01 pm

My group has played 6 times with axis winning each time. (one city victory condition) I'm beginning to think that one city victory will continue to end this way. Was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Imperious leader

Re: Allies difficult?

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Give the Russians one free infantry each turn in Moscow or two if Japan attacks USSR

If Moscow is captured the rule is off.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:31 am

you do realize that the one victory city win says nothing about moscow? As in the one VC you have to capture is either washington or london.
Behold the Power of Yavid

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:40 am

Yes it's a house rule.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

XRJohn

Post by XRJohn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Yavid wrote:you do realize that the one victory city win says nothing about moscow? As in the one VC you have to capture is either washington or london.
Yavid, you are correct. However, my play group has played 6 full games of 1941, all with the 1 capital victory. In each game, whoever was able to hold Moscow held a clear advantage.

In 5 of the games, the Axis captured Moscow. In 4 of the games where the Axis captured Moscow, the Axis won easily afterwards. In the 5th one the Allies got very lucky.

The Allies won handily the one game Moscow never fell.

So, in my experience, while losing Moscow is not technically a loss for the Allies, I don't see how the Allies can expect to actually win without the USSR in the game, except in rare circumstances.

SCguardsman89

Post by SCguardsman89 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Thanks I did not notice. Just to update we've played twice since yesterday. Allies lost Moscow but took Berlin. After a failed attempt to take Berlin back with the few jap forces that were close it was all downhill for the Japanese player. The second game had the Germans taking Moscow turn 1 and that was pretty much the end. UK fell 3 turns later.

SithlordRPGA

Post by SithlordRPGA » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Played today and the allies won. Germany did manage to take Moscow and basically take Russia out of the game before the UK (from India) was able to liberate Moscow but the combined forces of the UK and US where too much for Berlin.

Japn just tossed in the towel the following turn because it was just a war of attriction that the US would have won in a few rounds.

XRJohn

Post by XRJohn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:00 pm

I think it's fine for the Axis to have the advantage in this game. This is the introductory game. Let the newest player in your group play the Axis. He or she should have more fun with the easier and better side.