No shore bombardment?

If you're looking for a quick or introductory game of Axis & Allies this is the one. It also has a very special collection of never before seen plastic units.
Just to mention a few: German Tiger tank, Russian IS2 tank, US P40 Warhawk, German FW-190 Folkwolf, Japanese Kongo class battleship and the HMS Hood, and oh yeah... the German He-111 Heinkel bomber.
Knas

No shore bombardment?

Post by Knas » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:56 am

Reading through the rulebook, I was a bit surprised to find no mentioning about shore bombardment for battleships. I assume it's removed to simplify the game or to compensate for the lower economy situation in this version?

I didn't get any russian submarine in the box, just me being unlucky or is this another misstake by the QR team? (Another one saying US starting income being 15 when it is 17.) I wouldn't mind removing one of the russian battleships or carriers for the needed sub...

Nice with a faster A&A game, though I wouldn't mind a us destroyer in sz 11 or 12, this game seems to favor the axis. As usual you could have wished for a few more units and chips.

Krieghund

Re: No shore bombardment?

Post by Krieghund » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Welcome, Knas!
Knas wrote:Reading through the rulebook, I was a bit surprised to find no mentioning about shore bombardment for battleships. I assume it's removed to simplify the game or to compensate for the lower economy situation in this version?
Yes.
Knas wrote:I didn't get any russian submarine in the box, just me being unlucky or is this another misstake by the QR team? (Another one saying US starting income being 15 when it is 17.) I wouldn't mind removing one of the russian battleships or carriers for the needed sub...
Sounds like you're unlucky. There should be 3 Soviet subs. Contact Wizards Customer Service using the information in the back of the Rulebook, and they'll send them to you.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

pmorzinski

Re: No shore bombardment?

Post by pmorzinski » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Knas,

I'm not sure this is worth the added complexity, but here's a house rule you could try:

In an amphibious invasion, all defending land units get "surprise strikes", just like submarines, in every round of combat. This bonus is cancelled if the attacking power (not his ally) has a battleship present that did not conduct any other type of attack this turn. The battleship must be in the same sea zone as one of the attacking transports. Of course, the battleship may conduct combat movement in order to arrive at the site of the amphibious invastion.

Pete