Reinforcement

Not to be confused with the 1st Edition This is a larger game... bigger map and more units. The game was released this past summer (2012)
This promises to be the core game and it will be around for many years to come.
Roperious

Reinforcement

Post by Roperious » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Krieghund,

This question applies to all versions, but I thought I'd put it here.

The way I read the rules is that, during the non-combat phase, you are permitted to move land units that did not conduct combat during the combat phase into newly captured territories to reinforce the surviving units that captured the territory. Correct?

Thanks.

Krieghund

Re: Reinforcement

Post by Krieghund » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Yes.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Roperious

Post by Roperious » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Thanks!

ChristophfromGermany

Post by ChristophfromGermany » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:51 am

While I would not deny that it can make sense to reinforce a newly captured territory, it surely is better to use those available units in combat right away in order to minimize your own losses.
ChristophfromGermany

No decent man can prefer war to peace, because at peace-time the sons burry their father while at war, the father burries his sons. (Herodot)

Caractacus

Post by Caractacus » Mon May 18, 2015 11:59 am

Christoph,

Obviously this is normally the case - especially in a game like this where you are allowed unlimited combat rounds to defeat your opponent in each battle. This way, you can often predict results moderately well (assuming you have a decent advantage).

However, if you are making attacks adjacent to one another, it may sometimes pay to hold back a couple of infantry to reinforce whichever of the two assaults had the worse luck.

In the WWI game, this kind of situation occurs even more often as the single combat round rule sometimes leaves you staring with disbelief at your appalling luck/opponent's fantastic fortune, and then that's when you would need the ability to reinforce weak sectors, but of course there is no NCM in the WWI game...
Caractacus.