Imperial Germany

Breaking away from the Second World War and paying a visit and tribute to the First World War. Coming this March, 2013

Re: Imperial Germany

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:14 am

Have been a follower of Axis and Allies since the First Classic addition hit store's in the late 1980's (pretty sure). Have turned many into players over the years. Have purchased practically ever new edition to the A and A family and I am always impressed with the experience of playing each game.

Imperial Germany is a totally different animal in the 1st world war. We are turn 3 into ur first game and the Central powers are dominating thanks to Germany's stacks of infantry. My suggestion would be to keep experienced A and A players away from Germany in this one because the logistics behind getting the Allies onto the european continent are not for begginers.

The only complaint I have so far about the game is the lack of peices. It has been mentioned in practically every review I have read but I am gonna mentioon it again. Axis and Allies has a dedicated cult following of which I am proud to say I am one. The cost of the game is a bit hefty but the game itself is well thought out and playtested. But in a future addition more peices, paper IPC's, more chips would be nice. I dont think it should be expected that someone buying the game for $85-$120 should have to improvise any element of the game.

But all that aside. Thankyou very much for 1914! We are having a blast playing it over few beverages. It is a well thought out game. As a person who enjoys taking the role as the Axis I am very pleased with Imperial Germany.

Thanks Guest... Good to hear from you. Sorry about the shortage of parts and pieces. You and the rest of the "cult" deserve only the best.
LH

Spellapeaka

Post by Spellapeaka » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:30 pm

While I agree that Wilhelm II was a militarist (and a complete lunatic, He used to play dress-up with the uniforms of his enemies for fun. Like 12 times a day.) I do believe that he had a point to thinking that the french and the Brits wanted an excuse to wipe out Germany. All in all, It seems like the War could have easily been avoided. Austria-Hungary should have been more patient with Serbia, even though the Austrians had every right to go after them after killing Arch Duke Ferdinand. Every one else (including Wilhelm) should have just stayed out of it. IMHO.

Oh yeah, I love the game!

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:42 pm

If you dig a little deeper into the causes of the war, you find that Germany probably wanted war less than any of the other European powers.

The Kaiser even tried to halt mobilization, but his generals told him that disrupting the railway timetables would guarantee defeat.

The British government were against it, but were tricked by a small pro-war clique including Churchill who told them that things had gone so far that it couldn't be stopped. Belgian neutrality was used as a pretext.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hidden-History- ... en+history

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Raymond Poincaré . He started the problems
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.