ANZAC bonus for the UK

Breaking away from the Second World War and paying a visit and tribute to the First World War. Coming this March, 2013
oztea

ANZAC bonus for the UK

Post by oztea » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Perhaps something simple like:

To represent the arrival of forces by boat from Australia and New Zealand the UK may place one infantry at any port it controls during the mobilize units phase.

WILD BILL

Re: ANZAC bonus for the UK

Post by WILD BILL » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:14 pm

oztea wrote:Perhaps something simple like:

To represent the arrival of forces by boat from Australia and New Zealand the UK may place one infantry at any port it controls during the mobilize units phase.
A Port of Origin rule for the Commonwealth, I like it. It makes sense to have the English ports be a staging point for inf (maybe art) gathering through the Commonwealth. There will probably be a port off Canada, and Bombay. England's turn is next, so we'll know for sure soon.

I think UK will be able to mobilize units through Bombay for sure to represent Anz & Indian units (the port of origin makes perfect sense). They may only be able to mobilize inf, and be restricted to just 1-2 each turn as you said. I think that's why the map stretches to India. It would make sense for a NB to be at Bombay (and off Canada) to build lesser ships too (no dreadnoughts). Not exactly historical, but could be explained as part of the Pacific fleet being pulled into the Indian ocean.

On A side note, this is the only global scale game that the bulk of the English Atlantic fleet isn't sunk before their turn rolls around LOL.

pellulo

Re: ANZAC bonus for the UK

Post by pellulo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Maybe allow one transport to be built on any commonwealth port(half the world's shipping was under the British flag, &, yes Axis U-boats sank allot of them, with less subs. they sank more ships than WWII subsmarines).
Pellulo