Map, a few unit sculps, and some other stuff up...

Breaking away from the Second World War and paying a visit and tribute to the First World War. Coming this March, 2013
Aran55633

Map, a few unit sculps, and some other stuff up...

Post by Aran55633 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Most Holy

Re: Map, a few unit sculps, and some other stuff up...

Post by Most Holy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:31 am

Love the infantry. The bayonets look like they won't bend like the Japanese from the other games and will hold paint better. Biplanes and tanks look wicked too.
My A&A blog: Home of the Dicetruction Podcast and other A&A related nonsense
http://www.dicetruction.blogspot.com

Aran55633

Post by Aran55633 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Infantry are good. The different colored chips are interesting... I'll probably find some way of using these alongside the chips that came with Spring 1942 Second Edition (same chips, different colors; blue could be, say, 10... or something like that). And the map is very good; like the color, and the alignment is interesting...

My biggest complaint would be that the tank, artillery and airplane models are all the same for every power. Even 1941 had different sculpts for the unit types for the Axis/Allies. Why couldn't the Central Powers have the A7V as their tank model?

... I realize that with the naval units, artillery, and planes, there probably wouldn't have been too much of a difference, but I mean, at $90, the same cost as Europe 1940... I think something could and should have been done. Look at the AAA units in the second edition versions of 1942 and 1940, and I'll point toward 1941 again...

Maybe we'll get different sculpts when/if they release another edition.

Don't misunderstand me, though. The good certainly outweighs the bad... I very much look forward to this game, and have pre-ordered it.

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:12 pm

If they do go through a second series of the game, one of the selling points would probably be different sculpts for air & naval units(also guns & tanks). Along with a new units(s), for instance cavalry, or, heavy infantry, or, bomber, or, destroyer, with revised rules & game board. Thanks, Pellulo

PS a die for revised rule of submarine warfare.
Pellulo