Tanks are BROKEN

Breaking away from the Second World War and paying a visit and tribute to the First World War. Coming this March, 2013
Whackamatt

Re: Tanks are BROKEN

Post by Whackamatt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:04 pm

No, actually. I hadn't caught that. They only absorb when attacking?....OUCH.

Yeah, they seem kind of worthless then.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:41 pm

I wouldn't say that...
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Hobbes599

Post by Hobbes599 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:07 am

Tanks back in ww1 were more like terror weapons. They made the enemy troops get out of the trenches. Therefore I propels a new rule: Whenever tanks are attacking, the amour of tanks reduces the same amount of infantry's defensive value to 2. For example, 3 tanks are attacking 5 infantry . Nomally the defending infantry would have to roll a 3 or less but with tanks 3 infantry roll at 2 or less and the rest 3 or less makes sense? In other words it's the reverse of artillery on enemy infantry.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Thu May 23, 2013 10:41 am

Play the game a few times and you'll realise that tanks are fine as they are. In fact, they can be the key to victory.

A large stack of tanks can make that breakthrough on a stalemated front to win the game; just make sure that yours is bigger than theirs...

This was another reason for the 2 space or strategic move; the Allies could always get their tank stacks into action before the Germans, with devastating results. Even a 2 space move limit could cost G & A vital time, which is why I still favour a single SM from the capital at the end of the turn to get new units straight into those contested zones.

Imperious leader

Re: Tanks are NOT BROKEN

Post by Imperious leader » Thu May 23, 2013 12:02 pm

Of course they were.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Seems to me there was alot of over reacting to this game before it was released and now that people have played it they are starting to come around.
Behold the Power of Yavid

AC

Post by AC » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:46 am

I love the game and I think tanks are fine and movement is fine. The only issue I have is submarines. They are useless.

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:12 am

The way the game is set up, that by the time you get a large stack of tanks, the game is pretty much over, like Larry wrote, there is no large sweeping cavalry/tank movements, a la A & A W.W.II, thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo