Potential 1914 TOURNAMENT RULES

Breaking away from the Second World War and paying a visit and tribute to the First World War. Coming this March, 2013
Chacmool

Re: Potential 1914 TOURNAMENT RULES

Post by Chacmool » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:59 am

GoSanchez6 wrote:I like them too questioner a lot more. A bigger map,new units and more mobilization sites and this would be my favorite AA game yet. I love the way it plays with the new combat system it changes the game completely and gives it a distinct WW1 type feel. I am hoping this would happen this year on the 100 yr anniversary but no word yet which means probably not.

I totally agree Best A&A game so far !!!! I wish more Impact for USW (historical SZs for USW 2,3,4,7,8,9,15)

Russian Collapse should come faster! 10/12 Points is my suggestion because with the new movementrules US troops will be in Picardy at the end of Round 4.. Thats not manageable for the CPs..

Great Game LH did a sensationell job and I hope there will be a second edition this year (maybe in August..)

Only thing I dont like on this game is that Germany looks awful (Borders are soo unhistorical) and Switzerland is to weak with 1 IPC. (It had an army 200.000 and lots of fortifications with an alpine terrain)
"Books and bullets have their own destinies"

Ernst Jünger

Post by Guest » Wed May 07, 2014 1:18 am

Are Serbia and Romania considered homeland regional territories for Russia as far as the economic/political tally? Likewise for Bulgaria with the Ottoman Empire?

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed May 07, 2014 8:29 am

No.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

blackmox

Post by blackmox » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:56 am

Read through all this and I must say that the biggest good idea I saw was battleships not being able to attack subs. We have played 12+ games now and no one has built a cruiser or a sub -- cost-wise the battleship is just too efficient.

JonathanMeyer

Post by JonathanMeyer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi all, first time poster here and I have a question about these tournament rules.

When these rules were first taught to me, I was under the impression that you could only double move into a contested territory if you yourself have troops in that territory. For example, on turn 1 Austria attacks Venice and contests the territory. Germany cannot double move into Venice on its Turn 1. It can, however, move to Tyrolia. On Austria's turn 2, it already has troops contesting Venice, so it can move units directly from Vienna into that territory. I've played half a dozen games this way. The Allies have won a few and the Axis have one a few, no bid in any of the games.

I was recently talking with someone who said that tournament rules allow players to double move into any contested territory. They also said that in their games, the bid is normally 20ish given to the Axis. As I review this forum thread, it seems like their double movement into any contested territory is, indeed, an accurate interpretation of tournament rules. However, this has serious ramifications for Italy's survival beyond the first couple of turns, the CP push into France, and game balance in general (if this version of the rule requires a 20 or more bid favoring the CP to achieve balance).

What do you all think? Which version of the double movement rule is correct in today's world? Are there multiple renditions of this movement rule out there? Which version of the rule should be used to achieve the best balance and gaming experience for all countries? Which one seems more historically accurate? Etc

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:17 am

There are no special restrictions regarding moving two spaces into a contested territory, whether or not you already have units there. The restriction of moving only one space only applies to moving into hostile or neutral territories. Of course, the first territory of any two-space land unit movement must be friendly.

Perhaps you (or the person teaching you the rules) were confusing this rule with the one regarding moving out of a contested territory? In that case, the destination territory must have at the beginning of the turn either been controlled by the moving power or contained units belonging to that power.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok