Have a Look at WAR ROOM

Four years in the making and still being playtested daily! I am as excited about WAR ROOM as I was back in 1984 when Axis & Allies was first released by Milton Bradley. And I was pretty excited back then, I can tell you that! WAR ROOM is chock full of totally new concepts and game systems. I'm talking about an elegant secret simultaneous movement system that you will delight in. A fascinating economic and social simulation that begins its trek in the oils fields, iron mines and rubber tree plantations of a world at war. A totally new combat system that gives you direct impact on the outcome. Now you will have to walk the fine line between the need for guns and your population’s need for butter. Failing to do so could lead to civil unrest, a collapsed economy and even massive unit desertions from your battlefields. Place this huge round World War II Polar view situation map on a lazy-susan, and construct your own War Room. Doing a Kickstarter in the Fall. Let’s do this together!
nexus73

Re: Have a Look at WAR ROOM

Post by nexus73 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:01 pm

That round map will work unless Antarctica becomes a major area of conflict...LOL! It is a nice innovative design.

Square pegs, er, markers, on a round circle. Personally I prefer pieces like the ones from previous A&A games for easier visual ID'ing and appearance but hey, if you can make those markers work their magic, I'll be happy. No doubt after 4+ years of playtesting, you will be even happier to have finally solved the Rubik's Cube of designing this particular game. After that you can take a real challenge like giving a cat a bath...LOL!

Best wishes for you (Larry) and the playtesters during the gestation process.

Rick
Bad dice happen. Blame the Russians...LOL!

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Response to Elbowsanchez
Ok… I'll take even your money… You ole troll!
“not so elegant ways” ? You put that very elegantly!
Delighted by your response to this game! Thanks!

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Response to Rick:
Tie a short rope, attached to a cinder-block, around its neck and toss it in the tub. Sorry!!! Could not help myself (LOL).
As for solving the Rubik’s Cube – not sure that can even be done. Or, even should be done. I have two opposing rules that I impose on myself when looking for game balance. Have it reflect history as closely as possible and make sure that either side could win in a tournament game with $1 million bucks going to the winner.
Back at you Rick with the - Best Wishes.
Just joking about that cute little Felis catus...

DiveCrewCanada

Post by DiveCrewCanada » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:08 am

I am interested in looking at the Kickstarter and have more details on the project. I have to be honest, just like many, I am not a big fan of the square tokens... (just thinking about it I have Squad Leader nightmares) but I am curious to see you came up with.

Do you guys have a target date for the kickstarter launch? I have seen that it is projected for Fall 2017 but that's a little wide of a window :)

kjrunft

Post by kjrunft » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:12 pm

You hit it right on the nose, Larry. A&A.org players were none to pleased to see counters instead of miniatures.... Oh well.

Given that I play 90% of my games online, the lack of miniatures won't affect me too much.

I do love the board perspective though. I think that will be refreshing.

Also, not knowing if you know this, but Avalon Hill just confirmed an A&A Anniversary reprint this fall. Talk bout timing. :wink:

Something tells me they don't want War Room to get lift off without a little competition from the name brand... maybe you should send them some hate mail.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Have to chuckle on some of the issues on the aa.org board, forcing me out of my cave once again to troll.

It seems to come down to plastic pieces which we all have tons of. I personally think we can still use them even if Larry has bundled them up as army groups. We owe it to Larry via support to do what he does best and that is to create the base game that we can modify and hack to death if need be to fit our needs. We are the commanders. This could open up the market for producing commander figurines. Especially in this day and age of 3D printing. No big deal!! Just think, this version could now open the door for a PC game so we are not confined to basements and den's in our homes. Now that Larry seems not to be burdened by contract obligations to AH we get to start a new age of Axis and Allies, one that is not influenced by the, "Big Boy Corporation" money whores. Notice there is no reference on this board now to Axis and Allies via the picture banner that used to be here. Notice the new company and a kickstarter. He is doing this for himself now using today's technology on getting it done.

Haters are gonna hate and are never happy. So yeah, I am disappointed that Norway is not pink (Aldertag) and, "oceans are not black (Aldertag)" and that spaceships don't fly in to save the day in Antarctica.

I for one am going to invest heavily in kickstarter and in Larry, because for more than half my life I have completely enjoyed giving him $hit, buying his franchise, and endured years of enjoyment in Axis & Allies.

Let's talk about what we think this game might be:

1. What is that round circle on in the center of the map?
2. From the dice in that circle, do you think we roll them and that determines who moves 1st on that particular turn?
3. What can we determine and speculate based on the picture provided?
4. I bet Larry would enjoy reading about what we think those things are.
5. Get over the plastic and be open and supportive.
6. FU Larry for deleting my ukulele posts and the dIck in the box video and for firing elbowmaster as moderator! hahaha.

Ok I feel better.
-The evil Bert & friend

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Response to Kjrunft:
Hate Mail? Krieghund and I Worked with Wizards over this past winter upgrading and preparing for this Anniversary re-launch. We are very excited about this. Over the years I have had games published by companies other than Wizards of the Coast. Larry Harris and Wiz are tight! War Room is not Axis & Allies. I’m not even sure they compete with each other. They are two of my children from two different mothers, and I love them both. Where do some of these assumptions come from?

kjrunft

Post by kjrunft » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:22 pm

Response to Kjrunft:
Hate Mail? Krieghund and I Worked with Wizards over this past winter upgrading and preparing for this Anniversary re-launch. We are very excited about this. Over the years I have had games published by companies other than Wizards of the Coast. Larry Harris and Wiz are tight! War Room is not Axis & Allies. I’m not even sure they compete with each other. They are two of my children from two different mothers, and I love them both. Where do some of these assumptions come from?
Great! Glad to know the upcoming release will have your imprimatur!

My "assumptions" were based solely on an ingrained suspicion caused by too many years practicing law and dealing/representing people/firms that are out to get each other all the time! Ha ha.... Maybe I need to find a new line of work.

Great to know LH and Wiz are tight. That means hope for future new A&A releases? :D