Have a Look at WAR ROOM

Four years in the making and still being playtested daily! I am as excited about WAR ROOM as I was back in 1984 when Axis & Allies was first released by Milton Bradley. And I was pretty excited back then, I can tell you that! WAR ROOM is chock full of totally new concepts and game systems. I'm talking about an elegant secret simultaneous movement system that you will delight in. A fascinating economic and social simulation that begins its trek in the oils fields, iron mines and rubber tree plantations of a world at war. A totally new combat system that gives you direct impact on the outcome. Now you will have to walk the fine line between the need for guns and your population’s need for butter. Failing to do so could lead to civil unrest, a collapsed economy and even massive unit desertions from your battlefields. Place this huge round World War II Polar view situation map on a lazy-susan, and construct your own War Room. Doing a Kickstarter in the Fall. Let’s do this together!
Larry

Have a Look at WAR ROOM

Post by Larry » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Let me repeat myself...

Four years in the making and still being playtested daily! I am as excited about WAR ROOM as I was back in 1984 when Axis & Allies was first released by Milton Bradley. And I was pretty excited back then, I can tell you that! WAR ROOM is chock full of totally new concepts and game systems. I'm talking about an elegant secret simultaneous movement system that you will delight in. A fascinating economic and social simulation that begins its trek in the oils fields, iron mines and rubber tree plantations of a world at war. A totally new combat system that gives you direct impact on the outcome. Now you will have to walk the fine line between the need for guns and your population’s need for butter. Failing to do so could lead to civil unrest, a collapsed economy and even massive unit desertions from your battlefields. Doing a Kickstarter in the Fall. Let’s do this together! Learn more and have a peek at where this game is going

http://www.nightingale-games.com

Gargantua

Re: Have a Look at WAR ROOM

Post by Gargantua » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:26 pm

I can say with sincere honesty - this game is a Larry Harris Masterpiece.

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:55 am

This sounds really cool, like the new perspective for the map.

Wittman

Post by Wittman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:42 am

I am looking forward to further details . Glad you are enjoying making and trialing the game.

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Larry,
I felt compelled to write after viewing some of the negative comments about your prototype on another website. I can't believe, after the years of pleasure you've given this community, that some people are prejudging your new game and think they already know what's coming.

I for one have had a smile on my face ever since I played your first game decades ago, and look forward to the details of your new creation.
Pete E

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:52 pm

OH OH… What you talking bout Pete?
Oh well… I hope this game proves them wrong.
It’s been my experience that prejudging something is not only a bad idea but also that such judging is usually more often than not, wrong.
I know the fans of my games. I know this game. Those two should get to know each other. I think they’re going to get along famously …
You’ve spiked my curiosity, however. Let me guess… The figurines (told you I know my fans)? Am I right? Let me say this about that… Figurines don’t stack. This game deals with military engagements between armies. You know Monty’s 8th Army. Patton’s 3rd Army, Nimitz’s U.S. Navy Pacific fleet & Pacific Ocean Areas Command. Sir Arthur Harris’s (No relationship that I know of). He was sometimes called Bomber Harris. He commanded the RAF Bomber Command, the whole thing. The list goes on… I want to place the players at the War Room tables that these men occupied. Now the players, with a little imagination, can take command and run the show. Giving them figurines quickly became a problem. I couldn’t think of a way to stack my Command Tokens on top of them. Figurines don’t stack… Do I have to have Command Tokens? Yep… I wanted friggin Command Token on my Chief of Staff ‘s War Room map table. In Axis & Allies figurines are perfect. In what I had in mind for this game they may not work so well. The only way that I could have Command tokens on this map was to have... other tokens under them. These other tokens would of course be non-specific subordinate military formations that made up the Command’s roster. They would be brought to battle together as a single fighting Command and usually must be replenished with new recruits after the first contact with the enemy. In this game, it’s all about the Commands. In the case of “Land Commands” they consist of large Infantry, Armor, and Artillery formations. Air Commands would consist of Fighter and Bomber formations and Naval Commands would be made up of Battleships Groups, Carrier Task Forces, and large Submarine squadrons. As with all the ships types, Cruisers would supplement the various Commands. The game’s Battle System is very cool. Sorry… getting a bit wordy here.

Pete, thanks for telling me about that smile on your face. You put one on mine. With out them, there's no Command.

Black_Elk

Post by Black_Elk » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Really exciting to catch a first sneak peak of this one! Can't wait to hear more about it in the weeks to come!

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:28 am

One word...Awesome!

Love the map concept Larry. Guess you still have some tricks up that old sleeve. I might still need to make it larger!! Just kidding! I have my grandma's old oak round table, you know, the ones with the claws as feet that will work out nicely. Like how your team made the armies run by commanders, the elegant way you described them and massed them together. Am sure you have your, "magnun opus." Go ahead, take my money! As a long time fan and sometimes critic of your not so elegant ways, I totally support it and look forward to transferring some of my money into your retirement account. Haha!

Ok back to my cave.
-The evil Bert & friend