WAR ROOM KICKSTARTER

Four years in the making and still being playtested daily! I am as excited about WAR ROOM as I was back in 1984 when Axis & Allies was first released by Milton Bradley. And I was pretty excited back then, I can tell you that! WAR ROOM is chock full of totally new concepts and game systems. I'm talking about an elegant secret simultaneous movement system that you will delight in. A fascinating economic and social simulation that begins its trek in the oils fields, iron mines and rubber tree plantations of a world at war. A totally new combat system that gives you direct impact on the outcome. Now you will have to walk the fine line between the need for guns and your population’s need for butter. Failing to do so could lead to civil unrest, a collapsed economy and even massive unit desertions from your battlefields. Place this huge round World War II Polar view situation map on a lazy-susan, and construct your own War Room. Doing a Kickstarter in the Fall. Let’s do this together!
nexus73

Re: WAR ROOM KICKSTARTER

Post by nexus73 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:47 am

$150K as of now!

Rick
Bad dice happen. Blame the Russians...LOL!

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:45 am

Congratulations !! Super happy for your team. Even happy for Larry :)
-The evil Bert & friend

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:01 pm

It feels good.
Afternoon of day 2 (16:49 hrs): At this point we've received $185,080 in pledges from 855 people. This feels good. Nice reaction from a lot of people I don't even know. People that think my designs were good enough to invest themselves and their money into. That are making a leap of faith that War Room might actually be great. It feels good... It feels good to have something that is so very important to me be trusted and recognized in this flattering way.
It's easy to say "Thank you", but for me to express my emotions publicly requires a bit more from myself. With that...
It feels good!

Larry

nexus73

Post by nexus73 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:10 pm

Yes it does feel good to see the rocket get launched and it did not blow up! Glad you get to have a red letter day out of the deal Larry. Next up is all the work to git 'er done though so order up plenty of pizza...LOL!

It was a pleasure to spend some treasure on your crowning achievement. Lord knows that A&A has brought decades of pleasure to me and to see such a game get its best expression from you is something we could have only dreamed of...until now.

Rick
Bad dice happen. Blame the Russians...LOL!

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:37 pm

Now what to have Larry write on my, "Signature" copy...

Was thinking something on the lines of..."To my favorite ukulele playing war room general." HA!

or

"Thank you Mrs elbowsanchez for allowing your hubby yet another Larry Harris game..." I love it !! :lol:
-The evil Bert & friend

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:25 pm

I just added 99 for the larger map add-on, and 149 for the extra game. Once wifey finds out, she will be going to Macy's... :lol: :lol: :lol: Still worth it. Wish I could do more...
-The evil Bert & friend

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:24 pm

Longtime AAvet here.

You have my support sir. Looks very cool. I am proud to say that I was pledge #701 and I believe that my pledge tipped the scale at 5am just over $150K or so to officially launch this game!!! Luck really but I'll take that as a good sign. Definitely getting the sticks with the larger board.

I just recently bought a pair of each over the last year...E40, P40, 1914, and AA50 (reprint!!!- awesome-sauce!!!) and now this game!!!

After reading some of the rules, I'm very excited about this one. Larry, great to see you still kicking out another classic WW2 game!!!

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:13 pm

Questioneer!
So do you have any Grand children yet? When I last heard from you you were still in college.
You have good reason to be excited - War Room is a very coooool game (if I say so myself).

Elbow
Thanks... I know that kind of purchase can be a big deal around the house. You probably could have picked up 3 or 4 ukuleles for that kind of money. Extend my appreciation to Mrs. Elbowsanchez.

Rick
Very kind words - Thank you!