Russian Bomber Strat

Axis and Allies: Europe pits you and your opponents in the massive struggle of World War 2 in Europe, the Atlantic, and across North Africa and the Middle East. This spin on the classic game adds new pieces (artillery and destroyers), new economic warfare rules (convoys, Middle Eastern oil fields, and expanded strategic bombing), and a more detailed European theater.
Zuxius

Russian Bomber Strat

Post by Zuxius » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:13 am

I am wondering if this has been addressed. The last time I played Axis & Allies Europe, my opponent kept flying all his bombers to Russia and swopping them out for Russian bombers. The strategy seemed silly at first, but towards the end of the game my Germans where being pulverized by a russian player who bought only troops and had 15 bombers munching away at anything I could throw at them. When things became finite, I had to concede the game and truly concede the idea of ever playing it again. Has there been anything done about this?

Cheers,
Zuxius

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:23 am

Welcome to Larrys Message board Zuxius!

I am pretty sure there was an errata about only being able to convert soviet troops in territories:

bessarabia

east poland

baltic states

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:50 am

Actually, you can only convert US and UK units to Soviet ones in territories that contain a Soviet Industrial Complex.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:18 am

ah yes, there is a reason Kreighund is the "official rules answer guy"

so in other words, germany is screwed in the above scenerio !!

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

Zuxius

Post by Zuxius » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:55 am

This is a fairly serious game flaw, b/c it takes a little while for Germany to put the screws to Russia, and this strat seems very unrealistic historically (not that I want a replay of WW2) . My opponent loves Russian bombers, and the fact that they can be flown in and converted makes a mess of things. I see no play balance as long as this loophole remains open. Its fairly sound strat and in the end game, totally devastating.

Cheers,
Zuxius

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:37 pm

You could try saving Germany's money for a couple of turns, then buying a massive navy (including a carrier and a battleship) with which to invade Great Britain. If your opponent has been spending all his money on bombers, he may not be able to buy enough units to defend GB in time. If he attacks your fleet with his bombers, you may be able to shoot enough of them down to weaken the USSR's offensive capability.

Zuxius

Post by Zuxius » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:07 pm

Hmm, sounds a little whacked, but the idea does have merit. Is there a limitation on unit output in this game, I forget if it has the IP Unit cap or if that is another iteration.

Cheers,
Zuxius

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:16 pm

There is no limit on the number of units you can place in a "home territory" Industrial Complex in Europe, only captured ICs have limited production.