Balancing Europe, my last home rule

Axis and Allies: Europe pits you and your opponents in the massive struggle of World War 2 in Europe, the Atlantic, and across North Africa and the Middle East. This spin on the classic game adds new pieces (artillery and destroyers), new economic warfare rules (convoys, Middle Eastern oil fields, and expanded strategic bombing), and a more detailed European theater.
Sergente_nella_neve

Balancing Europe, my last home rule

Post by Sergente_nella_neve » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:29 pm

Hi all.

Last month I played some game with AA Europe testing a personal "home rule" I invented. These games seemed more balanced and more funny.

The rule is simple:
- Every turn, during the "Purchase units" phase of the game, Germany receives 2 extra subs. These subs are an extra, you just add them to the normal purchases of the turn. Germany can place this subs during the "Place new units" phase: he/she must place only ONE sub per Sea Zone adjacent to an IC he/she controls so, usually, one sub in the mediterranean sea and the other sub in the north sea.
- Every turn, during the "Purchase units" phase of the game, USSR receives 4 extra infantries. These infantries are an extra, you just add them to the normal purchases of the turn. USSR can place this infantries during the "Place new units" phase: he/she must place only ONE infantry per territory with an IC he/she controls so, usually, one infantry each for Archangel, Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad.

ONLY if an IC is occupied by the enemy the free unit can be placed in another IC (or in a Sea Zone adjacent to it).

This way, games are more long and more balanced and, finally, more funny: Germany can resist more time against naval superiority of the Allies and USSR can resist more effectively against the "tank rush", or Germany can play defensive for land war and attack Allied fleets around the seas...

Please comment here this rule, and no other rules you have in mind. Thank you.

Another idea I have is to give an extra UK IC in Middle East, where he/she can place a maximum of one or two units per turn to reinforce against German push. If UK buys units for M.E., he/she doesn't for the Atlantic theatre... Actually it's only an idea, I have to test it.
Creator and Administrator of A&A.IT, the first Italian Community of A&A players on the web

..::Sergente nella neve::..