Question About Danish Sea

Axis and Allies: Europe pits you and your opponents in the massive struggle of World War 2 in Europe, the Atlantic, and across North Africa and the Middle East. This spin on the classic game adds new pieces (artillery and destroyers), new economic warfare rules (convoys, Middle Eastern oil fields, and expanded strategic bombing), and a more detailed European theater.
Jackal

Question About Danish Sea

Post by Jackal » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:35 am

Are the Allies allowed to move ships through the Danish sea into Baltic sea if Germany controls both Denmark and Norway?

WILD BILL

Re: Question About Danish Sea

Post by WILD BILL » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:50 am

Denmark controls the Danish straight (don't need Norway). If Germany controls Denmark, then no the allies can't move ships through it into the Baltic.

What typically happens is the US takes control of Denmark on their turn, and the UK moves through the Danish straight on England's turn to amphib Berlin. UK turn is right after US (in Alpha), so axis can't do anything. Be prepared for this and either stack Denmark so they can't take it (could be difficult w/major US presence), or protect/stack Berlin (maybe def sz113) so UK doesn't waltz in after the US clears the way. You can also use the air base in W Germany to scramble to sz's 112 (vs US) & 113 (vs UK), but as the US I would try to shut the air base down so it would be inactive against the UK amphib (using Alpha rules).

Edit:
Disregard above info, wrong game
Last edited by WILD BILL on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jackal

Post by Jackal » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:10 am

I see so when Germany controls Denmark the Allies cannot move any ships to either the Danish Sea or the Baltic Sea?
WILD BILL wrote:Denmark controls the Danish straight (don't need Norway). If Germany controls Denmark, then no the allies can't move ships through it into the Baltic.

What typically happens is the US takes control of Denmark on their turn, and the UK moves through the Danish straight on England's turn to amphib Berlin. UK turn is right after US (in Alpha), so axis can't do anything. Be prepared for this and either stack Denmark so they can't take it (could be difficult w/major US presence), or protect/stack Berlin (maybe def sz113) so UK doesn't waltz in after the US clears the way. You can also use the air base in W Germany to scramble to sz's 112 (vs US) & 113 (vs UK), but as the US I would try to shut the air base down so it would be inactive against the UK amphib (using Alpha rules).

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:19 am

Yep, Denmark is the key.

Edit:
Last edited by WILD BILL on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jackal

Post by Jackal » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:20 am

WILD BILL wrote:Yep, Denmark is the key.
Nice so my ships in the Denmark Strait cannot be attacked by British Sea Units only the air Units :)

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:30 am

Jackal wrote:
Nice so my ships in the Denmark Strait cannot be attacked by British Sea Units only the air Units :)
If by this you mean sz113 then correct. You also get to scramble air units from W Germany to protect sz 113 (assuming your using Alpha+3).

Edit:
Last edited by WILD BILL on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jackal

Post by Jackal » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:34 am

Hello thank you for clarification. What do u mean with sz113 and Alpha 3 though :oops: Im not a die-hard a&a player heh just trying to get all the rules right so this is helping alot :)
WILD BILL wrote:
Jackal wrote:
If by this you mean sz113 then correct. You also get to scramble air units from W Germany to protect sz 113 (assuming your using Alpha+3).

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:38 am

I think that there is a bit of confusion here.

WB- This question is for A&A Europe, not A&A Europe 40.