crap?

Patton_Master

crap?

Post by Patton_Master » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:55 pm

Man no one ever seems to post on this end of the forum. I guess even Larry has to admit the CD adaptations were so bad people don't want to comment?

O_o

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:13 pm

Its the same thing in the RTS section ( except for andre B. posts which are 95% of that section anyway) Dont worry the silence can be a good thing?? Nobody is saying anything bad about it .
When we get what we see as a hopeful rendition of an Axis and Allies turn based computer game with no glitches, the world itself will open up and the mysteries of the universe will be solved...
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:22 pm

my view on this,

many folks have already "complained" about the lack of support, and the game itself was sold, hasbro interactive is defunked i guess...

tons of threads at don's also described the frustration on getting something less than we paid for...

there was even attempts to pay someone else to figure out the code...

now what we have left is a game that barely works at the zone, it was designed when directx 5.1 was released and now we are on 9.x...someone was nice enough to crack that code and fix some bugs, but nothing like a paid company could do...

the quite here shows that people have given up on this, and we pray at some point, to get the best of axis & allies, on a new cd rom game...

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:30 pm

I'm doing all I can. :wink:

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:54 pm

rock on larry, its a gold mine product... 8)

Zero Pilot

Post by Zero Pilot » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:22 pm

elbowmaster wrote:rock on larry, its a gold mine product... 8)

You said it Elbowmaster!!! No doubt.

The fact that those old Iron Blitz CD's are fetching upwards of $75-100 used (just crazy) should tell ya something. ~ZP
If the enemy is in range... so are you.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:41 pm

Yep and ebay prices for conquest of empire, was a contributing factor why eagle games probably decided to remake an old classic. All you got to do is scan the old boards and make some real nice nation specific units that can be moved on the board. Look at the remake of Russian campaign. Its a real nice remake of avalon hills old classic, but alas it comes with a computer version of the same game all for about $60.00. I Know its a hex and counter game but perhaps this advanced game can have a computer version of it as well. I know many former software programmers who did the EA " madden" series of games, who can still be hired to do a credible job for decent wages. You dont need ubisoft or atari to infect the purity of the best turn based game .
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:42 am

Thanks Imp :)