Alive And Well!

Popas13

Alive And Well!

Post by Popas13 » Sat May 20, 2006 3:52 pm

Just for everyone’s information, the Hasbro version of Axis And Allies is still alive and well.

The MSN games zone has recently withdrew gaming support for Axis And Allies as well as many other older CD Rom games.

In an effort to continue the growth of this great game, Axis And Allies World Club (http://axisandalliesworldclub.org) has a resident programmer that has created a free place to play called the War Zone. It can be downloaded here: http://home.centurytel.net/khb/aa/WarZoneInstall.exe

They are also many generations beyond the 1.3.3 patch. Currently we are using the 5.1 patch. This patch creates a secure dice program, allows multiplayer support using current direct X systems, fixes minor bug issues, allows team chat during multi player games, etc. You can download this free patch here: http://home.centurytel.net/khb/aa/AAStarterPack51.exe

Included in this starter pack are simple tools to heighten game play such as an odds calculator, unit lock patch, IPC editor, ect. I would not install the D-Play version changer unless you are using a European version of the CD.

This starter pack and War Zone are provided for free by the gaming club Axis And Allies World Club to strengthen the community. There is no requirement to join whatsoever. All is done to continue support for one of the greatest games ever made.

At least until Mr. Harris decides to release a new CD covering all editions, Pacific, and Europe! :D
Last edited by Popas13 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:10 pm

Its great to have a room to game, even if its the classic game, hey, classic is classic, and I still enjoy being able to game online with people whom I gamed with at the ZONE.

Face to Face is nice, but many of us dont have a gaming group near by, this is yet another reason for Larry to consider getting his board games on a PC version. I sure hope it happens and some company will take on the assignment.

Thanks again for creating the WARZONE online AA room.

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:32 pm

when they make the new cd i hope they ask us for suggestions... on how to setup the online play style... they need to make it so you can play with people who are online with you and for those would want to download the saved game and do thier turn while the other player is off line.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:32 am

I agree TMTM, face to face is certainly the best gaming / but I am finding less and less people or should I say less people within a 50 mile radius who game Axis & Allies, other options for me are game shows...

while online though, I could get in a game every night time permitting...

so my question for Larry is, what are chances of getting these games computerized as a bundled set??? My quess it would be an incredible success, but I guess a corp marketer knows better...whatever!!!

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

GROGnads

tru dat BO

Post by GROGnads » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:00 am

YES! and have them damm 'programmers' allow for the creation of 'Neutral' territories, where any "Game" might just need those. In fact, were there to be another '1939' starting point for this, then you will be needing quite a few of those huh?
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Iron Blitz, or Iron Crap, as it ended up being, was what I thought the bridge to AA PC and AA boardgamers would be...perhaps they tried with to early technology for programming???

It had some wonderful things, ie creating your own custom units, different start up senerios, a custom senerio. 3 hit destroyers??? aa guns that dont fire!!! arg!!!

funny thing is that this sells for over 100$ bucks on EBay, IF you can find it....

Larry needs to make the AA game world easier to access for his cross the world fan base...Playing AA online is great fun...

Larry, why not go to the WARZONE, and see for yourself...make a cameo to your fans there...find some way to get all your games ONLINE !!!

do a remake for the PC of 1942, of NLF (really want that one for online)

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:23 pm

Yea this product will creat a whole new database of fans of the game.

Larry needs to make a new computer game with all versions of his games on one CD, with complete servers built in like any real game has... ( look at activision and EA and how they do it) no stupid GAME SPY crap

In this we get fixed version of 2nd edition, revised, europe, bulge, pacific

all fully compatible with XP

and editable to allow for house rules etc on each.

plus it could have PDF of player aids and rules for each game so while playing the boardgame version you can easily reprint off a nother copy of what was lost.

and please no RTS thing. Let Andre B. just play that as it is.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:45 pm

the code that goes into these type of turn base games isnt like the code for HALO or BF42 / I really dont know why the reluctance / hesitation to bring these games to the PC...youd be amazed the amount of people who still to this day game the classic game / the others would be gamed if avail...

somehow the world of online AA is stuck in the 80's...

ES
-The evil Bert & friend