TRIPLEA alternative pc game for axis and allies

elbowmaster

TRIPLEA alternative pc game for axis and allies

Post by elbowmaster » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:13 pm

its worth checking out...!!!

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/

you will need to update your JAVA, click on the links section on that site...

we are having a great time with this version...hope companies leave them alone, because they have the best thing going right now!!

we are generally at the msn zone in the axis and allies world at war room...

come by and lets game...ONLINE !!!

-cheers

-elbowmaster

elbowmaster

FYI

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:04 pm

new versions out, promises to enhance the already excellent experience...so dont miss out!!!

Patton_Master

Post by Patton_Master » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:57 am

Elbowmaster, you seem to know a bit on this. Any idea when the Pacific version for triplea will be ready? I have been desperately waiting here for weeks now.

Still have my fingers crossed.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:53 pm

i know there has been many folks who contributed to this project, your best bet is to check out the forum there...i really dont have much more information other than my support for them...

until someone decides to make another pc game, ie the best of the board games, should include aae aap aar classic, plus bells and whistles that actually work, including a map maker for those who are never satisfied with what anyone else create ;) ...i know its a pie in the sky wish, but an excellent PC version thats done right, is worth GOLD !!!

personally think if that (best of aa board games) was released before RTS game, more people would have been more open to it...a new board cd game is really what most people really want...but thats just my opinion...i still plan on checking out the RTS game at some point...

Patton_Master

Post by Patton_Master » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:33 am

Yes I would definitely pick up a Pacific CD if there was one. Right now I have friends all the way from Argentina to Romania and we have had to resort to playing the Pacific map (our favourite) through PBEM. But we really could do with a faster on-line version. For now we do 5 player classic for TripleA which is great but still does not let us play the Pacific version which is what a lot of people tend to want now adays.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:48 am

the cd rom game, even with all its bugs and faults, brought the global axis & allies community together, ive gamed with folks from all over the world, and that is very satisfying...we hope for a new pc version of the board games...time will tell for sure...

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:03 pm

huuuummm, comments noted.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:18 pm

Any new game like this should be like the original software... where as you can play with someone who is on-line at the same time you are... but also an option to do your turn when you have time and upload the game and the other player can login and continue with his next moves even if you are off-line.