CD Exploded inside computer

Nuclear

CD Exploded inside computer

Post by Nuclear » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:03 pm

Sad to say my copy of Axis and Allies Iron Blitz blew up in my computer CD Drive. For some reason the game never seemed to have functioned correctly at many times. For example it would freeze at many times.

The great things about it where, how you could change who was on which team. Kind of neat to see America and Germany try to take over the world, or Germany and England together.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that do not.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:54 pm

I wish this series would get out of the 80's and provide us with Axis & Allies the board game series for online gaming, that medium truely is the best way to game Axis & Allies...Its easier to just get on line and game, no set up, no chips, just click and play...

maybe someday...maybe not...

EM

Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:52 pm

elbowmaster wrote:I wish this series would get out of the 80's and provide us with Axis & Allies the board game series for online gaming, that medium truely is the best way to game Axis & Allies...Its easier to just get on line and game, no set up, no chips, just click and play...

maybe someday...maybe not...

EM
Well there is only one problem with a computer game version, no matter how much you like it or not nothing is ever truly random. I think the only reason why it is not on computer format is because people like to roll their own dice.

Perhaps if there was a way to roll the dice outside of the computer screen and input how many hits you got or something like that. That way instead of having to lay out a board and send hours setting it up and taking it down, you could just play the game on the computer with friends and all you would need to do is input the dice rolls. Obviously if it was done over the internet then the computer would have to generate a number between 1 and 6 or whatever.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that do not.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:43 pm

I really dont have issue with the random dice roller for Axis and Allies CD game, sure, tons of people do, but this is a dice game, a game of chance. I actually think its risky in attacking anything, and I have seen just as crazy dice being rolled by the human hand...

What I like about online gaming is the quality of skill that I get to compete against, unlike if you game with the same people all the time. It can be done right if the right people are involved to assure it.

ES
-The evil Bert & friend