Gameplay Questions RTS Demo

Andre Bolkonsky

Gameplay Questions RTS Demo

Post by Andre Bolkonsky » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:36 pm

1. In "stalingrad", Zhukov's force has the ability to build "artillery brigade trucks" that do indeed create a truck which can create an artillery brigade HQ. My question is how is this used? I cannot get any artillery out of it EXCEPT in terms of research. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

2. In "Stalingrad", Chulikov seems to operate under his own devices in the south. If two players operate the same game, does one control the armor division in the northern pincer under Zhukov, and the second player the mech inf division in the south under Chulikov?

Will add more as I attempt the Russian Kesselchracht of Stalingrad!!!!
War is but an extension of politics, by other means.

Andre Bolkonsky

Post by Andre Bolkonsky » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:46 pm

3. When is the theoretical release date of this puppy?

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:15 pm

The artillery brigade allows the research which unlocks units. The divisonal HQs allow the explicit unit to be built. So, when the atillery brigade is deployed, artillery capable unis are available in the infantry HQs (mortars for example,) mechanized HQs, and armored HQs. If the player researches items in the artillery brigade, sometimes, additional units become available. In the case of the Russians, they can research the rocket truck (Katyusha.) Once it has been researched, you can build them from the mechanized HQ.

Yes

11/2/04... That's today! However, when it gets on the store shelves depends on the retailer. EB may have it tomorrow, while Walmart may not have it for another week.

Andre Bolkonsky

Post by Andre Bolkonsky » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:45 am

1. What is the radius of AAA? How much does an area need to ward off air attacks?

2. What is the entrenchment value of cities? Does it affect infantry and vehicles differently (As it should). It obviously has an affect upon infantry's entrenchment values as I've seen armored divisions bounce when attacking garrisoned towns with a touch of AT.