The Art of War Mod

Valdarez

The Art of War Mod

Post by Valdarez » Tue May 15, 2007 2:09 am

Mod Status: In Development
Release Date: Q3 2007

The Triple Threat Clan is proud to announce the development of a brand new mod for Axis & Allies RTS game. The mod is designed for multiplayer online play and adds many new features to the game as well as addressing balance issues that exist in the current version.

New Features Include:
  • New Axis Country (Italy)
  • New Allies Country (France)
  • New Special Forces Regiments for All Countries
  • 18 New Special Operations
  • 60 New Researchable Tech Upgrades
  • Balance Fixes
  • New Random Maps (non-rated)
Italy and France are both countries with low morale who rely on teching to allow their armies to compete with other countries. More information about the mod will be available as the work is completed. Click here to view the latest release notes, or click here to visit the Axis & Allies RTS forums and ask questions or participate in discussions surrounding the mod and it's features.
Last edited by Valdarez on Mon May 21, 2007 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Triple Threat Clan - By land, sea, or air... we are always a threat.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue May 15, 2007 7:15 pm

wonder what this is all about????

EM

Valdarez

Post by Valdarez » Wed May 16, 2007 11:08 am

elbowmaster wrote:wonder what this is all about????

EM
I finally got tired of waiting for TimeGate to put out a Balance Fix, and it doesn't look like they are going to do an expansion or sequel any time soon. So I'm going to pretty much do one for them. It won't be as good as what they could have done, but it's going to be pretty close. There's lots of new features, balance fixes, and hours more gaming enjoyment for the A&A RTS folks on the horizon now. :)

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed May 16, 2007 3:07 pm

After that can you fix the CD rom game for axis and allies so people can just play it multi player with built in servers?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Valdarez

Post by Valdarez » Thu May 17, 2007 5:25 pm

Imperious leader wrote:After that can you fix the CD rom game for axis and allies so people can just play it multi player with built in servers?
IMHO we need an Axis & Allies game that is loyal to the board game version, and I have yet to see one from the major publishers. To date, the best board game version of Axis & Allies is still Dog of Wars (an illegal version of Axis & Allies). I still have Dogs of War and love it.

Valdarez

Post by Valdarez » Wed May 23, 2007 1:49 am

As I work on the mod, I become more and more impressed with the work that was done on the game. The quality of the musical score, and the sounds is excellent and the number of different models for the various types of units in the game is staggering. TimeGate did an excellent job on the little pieces of the game, they just failed to put it all together.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed May 23, 2007 8:44 pm

can you just take the Hasbro version and add in servers and make it work on vista/XP? that would be something easy?

I can help you with any graphics you need and sound files. i bet people would play that. Just make it like the old MSN game room i want 5 players!
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Valdarez

Post by Valdarez » Wed May 23, 2007 9:19 pm

Imperious leader wrote:can you just take the Hasbro version and add in servers and make it work on vista/XP? that would be something easy?

I can help you with any graphics you need and sound files. i bet people would play that. Just make it like the old MSN game room i want 5 players!
Sure, if you can get me the source code for the game. ;)