RTS: Job well done

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:52 am

here is an idea...

play the rts game for what it was made for...RTS (it was never sold as a new turn based game, it has a module for that, but its still based on RST!!!)

play the turn based game, either hasbros not so hot version, or triplea version which allows 4th edition games...(its not the best, but its free, and a wonderful contribution for the community...)

im going to guess that larry considers all his creations as many consider our creations as "family"...i for one, will do anything to protect mine...i hear the good, the bad, and the ugly, sure id like to hear nothing but good, but hey, different strokes for different folks...

we like reading opinions, but post it once, and dont beat it down with quotes from obvious sources...

im somewhat shocked that larry was put over the edge buy imperious, but i personally know him (imperious), and i cant imagine his intent is anything but pure devotion like most of us here...imperious leader somewhat crosses those grey areas, but at least he does take the time to participate...take critism as a "live and learn", not a personal attack to your being.

dont really care for the deleting of posts, unless there is bad language, but i dont own this site...im sorry that happened, imperious leader and others here have a lot to offer...lets accept all this and move on...

Andre Bolkonsky

Post by Andre Bolkonsky » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:09 am

I bowed out of this conversation; but on the heels of Larry's comments, I will add this:

It is not what you are saying, but how you are saying it.

A paragraph describing how the game might be enhanced is constructive.

A paragraph describing why the game sucks is not.

you admit to condecension, but insist you respect other peoples opinions.

What you don't understand is that condecension's very definition is disdain for another's opinion.
War is but an extension of politics, by other means.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:48 pm

First of all I must say I was happy this game was made. I have been waiting for it for sometime. I did set my expectation rather high and was a little disappointed in the end product. I enjoy the WWII theme for the RTS, the play I find average but still fun and challanging. And as many people have said the World War game board play is not that great (IMHO) . I purchased the software seeing it had the element of the original game and that's what peaked my interest the most. I thought the RTS was going to be a fantastic enhancment to the game. Now I almost think the World War play should have been left out, but then I wouldn't feel that I was buying something that was truly from the A&A franchise. I guess my biggest disappointment with the WWII board play is that it could have been more like the classic A&A without much additional effort and satisfied the fan base more completly.
I'm keeping the game, I just wish there was more to it.
Thanks Larry for all that you've done

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:54 pm

No... the thanks belongs to you. Thanks for being a fan of Axis & Allies. I appreciate it.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:39 pm

dont see many reports for the internet games...how are those going??

i know with other RTS games vs online gamers, it ends up being the mad tank rush to the capitols, is this similar???

PAGAN

Post by PAGAN » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:28 am

I made a prediction about the RTS game a few months before it came out.
My prognostication can be found as a quatraint in Nostrodamus's letters, if anyone cared to look in the forums.

I hoped it wouldn't be, but alas it was.

A&A RTS = not a&a game + c&c game + bad design + ignoramous AI + boring play

If you can accept these minor flaws, then I think you would Love the game.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:13 pm

but how is the online gaming with other humans??? ive only seen limited conversations about this...seemed to be positive...

did notice the price of the game is about 20 bucks now, so it may be worth checking out now...for me anyway...im a seeing is believing type...

Andre Bolkonsky

Post by Andre Bolkonsky » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:57 pm

Elbow,

Online gaming with other humans is the most fun of all. You can really get a lot of people into one game. 4v4 with friends, trusted allies, is awesome!!

Try it, I think you'll like it.
War is but an extension of politics, by other means.