Any thoughts on future A&A comuter game

Tinker

Any thoughts on future A&A comuter game

Post by Tinker » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:38 pm

Larry, I know that RTS has just released, but I was wondering if your mind is still working on a future project for A&A software. I can see you have gotten alot of feed back all ready and I don't need to get in to that right now. Are there other elements you would like to see?
Thanks for all the years of enjoyment and look forward to your future projects.
War is Hell..but makes a great game

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:56 pm

Good Post. Perhaps we can just the same post what would be some things to include into a new Axis And Allies II game. What maps will be needed, also options, grafics, and vision.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:30 am

Ok the best elements that should be included are as follows:

1)maps of all the boardgame versions including advanced a/a

2) have italy become an optional

3) neutral option

4) better music that resembles the national or politcal anthem of that nation ( deutschland uber alles for germany).

5) no bugs , hire real beta testers and pay them -no more kids

6) no game spy or msn, but a self contained server list like any other real game such as titles from EA games and activision

7) only turn based play mode

8) unit grafics that are unigue for each nation, plus many new units as optional just for fun

9) alliance settings that are not stuck to historical path, so that say germany and usa can team up against the world, or you can create a cold war game with nukes.

10) better looking board or a board thatb looks like the actual boardgame maps. plus the ability to print the screens so you can make a strategy playbook for when you play the boardgame .

11) better stats interface like the newspaper but more information, plus a better dice roller that cant be hacked, plus an onboard odds option so you can have better info on whether to attack or not.

12) mush better AI so it will actually give you a game to work for rather then hand it on you on a silver plater.

13) actually changeable music so you can force others to hear your victory song as you take over the world. So include a lot of Wagner for germany

14) anything else??
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

great49er

Post by great49er » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:30 pm

Battlenet and Steam comparable operations.

I would really ask for a Battlenet/Steam style approach to launching multiple player games and downloading updates. I think it would be perfectly acceptable to have the users purchase upgrades/screnarios/skins, etc. I would just want a remake of the original Hasbro cd which doesn't crash all the time, with a good AI, and several of the optional rules. Then add the revised A&A to that for the 'silver' game pack. Then people can download and add-on the Europe, Pacific, Pact of Steel, etc mods. The most important thing though is to make it easy to get online, find a game, play it without crashing, and then be able to repeat. Multi-player support needs to be much better than the old Hasbro cd ever was.

I'd also ask that the viewable area of the map be enlarged, which probably means making territories smaller, or at least allowing a user to turn up the screen resolution and have that impact their view of the map. Unfortunately every computer version I've seen has the map too large, and you have to scroll around to even see all the units which could attack a specific territory.

I would like to see a good AI since it's often difficult to find someone to play a game with you right now.

great49er

Post by great49er » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:31 pm

Battlenet and Steam comparable operations.

I would really ask for a Battlenet/Steam style approach to launching multiple player games and downloading updates. I think it would be perfectly acceptable to have the users purchase upgrades/screnarios/skins, etc. I would just want a remake of the original Hasbro cd which doesn't crash all the time, with a good AI, and several of the optional rules. Then add the revised A&A to that for the 'silver' game pack. Then people can download and add-on the Europe, Pacific, Pact of Steel, etc mods. The most important thing though is to make it easy to get online, find a game, play it without crashing, and then be able to repeat. Multi-player support needs to be much better than the old Hasbro cd ever was.

I'd also ask that the viewable area of the map be enlarged, which probably means making territories smaller, or at least allowing a user to turn up the screen resolution and have that impact their view of the map. Unfortunately every computer version I've seen has the map too large, and you have to scroll around to even see all the units which could attack a specific territory.

I would like to see a good AI since it's often difficult to find someone to play a game with you right now.

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:40 pm

Thanks Tinker and Welcome to the site
Comments noted
//////

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:33 pm

I just hope this RTS thing didnt slam the door on a return of a SECOND Axis and Allies style game that has all the bells and whistles, and MAPS from all the boardgames ( including advanced and d- day), its own servers ( not freekin gamespy or MSN gamezone) and made by a good software company like Activision, or EA games ( not timesgate, or ubisoft). Thats would be a true delight to witness. :o :o :o

great49er

Post by great49er » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:45 pm

I couldn't agree more. The free TripleA clone does some nice stuff but a real developed game, supported by both the publisher and the community, would be the ultimate wish.