Any thoughts on future A&A comuter game

Patton_Master

Post by Patton_Master » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:56 am

I guess I agree with most the stuff mentioned. Speaking of triplea, I would like to see a lot of the enhancements tripleA added into the next commerical A&A game. What I am talking about is:

Mini Map
Right click grab & scroll
Changing map skins
Addition of new unit stats and graphics
Loading different MODs
Additions of new nations
Support for different operating systems

And most importantly, BUG FIXES/PATCHES!

Monty

Post by Monty » Sun May 08, 2005 9:40 am

I think the days of commercial a&a games which reflect the board game are over. Too much junk has been pumped out, (Iron Blitz) *caugh, *caugh.

It was a smart move to convert it into the rts market. I think that is the only future of computer based a&a. Adults who grew up on the board game have been burned too many times, and the young who haven't had their trust taken yet are not into board game genres anymore.

Popas13

Post by Popas13 » Sun May 22, 2005 5:23 am

I disagree Monty. A and A is a cult following. There will always be players of the board game and Hasblow CD. There are gamers of all ages playing on the zone daily. Those of us who are active, make attempts to pull new players into the dark side all of the time to ensure future gaming. True, A and A will never sell like a Diblio, but it will never die. Us CD'ers are just praying for a fourth ed with all of the bells and whistles. However, we have made a decision not to hold our collective breaths. Triple A is the option many of us are leaning towards to fulfill this need, but, no slight to those hard at work on this never ending project, it is a far cry from an offering from a well financed company.
So, saying that a commercial offering of a and a on cd is dead is not as accurate a statement as it once was.
Personally, I am anti RTS being a purist. (Sorry Larry) However, since it's release there has been an outcry in the purist section of the cult for a fourth edition. Also, the release of RTS has garnered interest in the newer gamers. A release of a cd on the board games will attract both folds of players young and old.
Even if there is no cd to be found in the near future, the gents hard at work on Triple A will continue to find a solution to this problem. Let us just hope we will see a commercial version develop in the near future.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun May 22, 2005 1:04 pm

Me too, I dont want Andre and his "RTS fun Factor" infecting me. I want Axis And Allies TB fun factor (turn based).
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

dezrtfish

Post by dezrtfish » Tue May 24, 2005 5:35 pm

Well it seems to me that there is a market for it. How else can you explain the cost of a copy of Iron Blitz on Ebay?

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue May 24, 2005 9:24 pm

They came out with a bunch of copies of Risk on the computer, so why not axis and allies 2?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Popas13

Post by Popas13 » Tue May 24, 2005 9:42 pm

I agree with you dezrtfish. I do think that there is a market for A&A2. I know for sure that I would buy it ASAP. Hopefully, if and when it is made, someone actually debugs the code. Just think how many more players could be introduced to A&A if it was a good online version of all editions without the bugs! Ah, what a glorious dream!

As for Iron Blitz… The cost of iron Blitz is directly proportional to the cost of the Brooklyn Bridge. Owning either should be considered a bad purchase. What a complete bug fest that was! The only thing that was more of a slap in the face to board gamers was that RTS release! (Sorry again Larry, just lamenting over the absence of an A&A2 CD)

dezrtfish

Post by dezrtfish » Wed May 25, 2005 10:09 am

I hear you, when ever a gaming buddy says there thinking about trying to find a copy of Iron blitz I say here borow mine I don't use it and I'm sure you'll give it back soon.