Patch for aarts????

Ducati

Patch for aarts????

Post by Ducati » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:14 pm

Hi larry,

I was wondering if you could do some digging for myself and the rest of the aa rts community. Its in regards to whether or not Atari has any plans on releasing a patch for our game. It has been 6 months since the release of aarts and we have received no word from either atari or timegate. I and several other have tried to contact both Atari and Timegate in regards to this matter but have only recieved the cold shoulder response. Could you please find out on our behalf if there is a patch planned for our game???

Thanks in advance

Duc

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:49 am

I'm sorry I can't help you. All I can do is pass the buck back to Timegate or Atari.

Valdarez

Post by Valdarez » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:56 am

Larry wrote:I'm sorry I can't help you. All I can do is pass the buck back to Timegate or Atari.
I'm curious how the publisher / developer relationship works. Atari was the publisher and TimeGate was the developer. In this type of relationship, do you know who should be responsible for providing support and updates? i.e. I believe in supporting companies that support their products and not supporting companies that don't support their products. Either Atari or TimeGate dropped the ball on the Axis & Allies RTS. It's going on 1.5 years since the release and we have never received a single patch. Not only that, but the online stats are completely broken and meaningless now. :(

This game had SO much potential. The Single Player mode needed work. It had no storyline and seemed like a bunch of random battles, especially to those who are not extremely knowledgable of World War II. The World War II mode was incomplete due to the lack of naval units. Even with those two glaring problems, the game itself is great. The gaming engine provided by TimeGate is quite simply one of the best RTS engines to be found. The online play is extremely fun and competitive even though the statistics are broken. Overall, I get the feeling that the Atari/TimeGate tried to do more than was acheivable with their time/budget, or that they were forced to release the game early.

Hopefully at some point we will get an expansion, or a newer version, but with Atari's financial woes, I have a feeling that day may never come.
Triple Threat Clan - By land, sea, or air... we are always a threat.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:13 pm

yeah ... me too.

GROGnads

Post by GROGnads » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:50 pm

gee, and here WE all are "holding our breath" for a 'version' based upon the "boardgame"-NOT! LARRY, let us 'know' WHEN them "flying pigs" emerge from your 'posterior orifice' to ANNOUNCE the 'arrival' of such eh? oh, and take some photos of the 'event' too.
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:32 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't want pictures of that! :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :!:

Craig