Atari RTS announced

Larry

Atari RTS announced

Post by Larry » Sun May 23, 2004 10:00 am

Axis & Allies: RTS Announced

Atari and TimeGate Studios unveil a real-time strategy game based on the classic WWII board game.

TimeGate Studios has confirmed that it is working on Axis & Allies: RTS, a new WWII strategy game. Axis & Allies: RTS will put you in control of the military and economic power of one of five nations: the US, England, Germany, Soviet Union, or Japan. The game is designed to not only re-create intense battles but also to give you the chance to alter the course of the major campaigns of World War II. You will be confronted with strategic and tactical choices similar to those that the leaders of the time must have faced.

"We are thrilled to extend our relationship with TimeGate Studios to develop a new interactive Axis & Allies experience," said Nancy MacIntyre, vice president of marketing at Atari's Beverly studio. "Axis & Allies: RTS will give gamers and World War II enthusiasts a chance to change the course of history as they haven't been able to previously."

"We are very excited to be working on this project with one of the leading publishers in the industry," said Adel Chaveleh, president of TimeGate Studios. "We have been fans and players of the Axis & Allies franchise for years, and our commitment to innovation combined with the popularity of the brand is a definite recipe for a killer title."

The game will feature gameplay elements that blend large-scale strategy with real-time tactics. You can get involved in the details of organizing units and working with generals and leaders, then command land, sea, and air units in real time. The outcome of battles will depend in part on supply lines and will determine dynamic front lines. Axis & Allies will have an online multiplayer element and a random scenario generator. Axis & Allies: RTS is in development at TimeGate Studios, the creator of Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns. It's scheduled for 2004.

By Sam Parker, GameSpot POSTED: 05/13/03 09:40PM

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:24 am

Does anyone have any screens of this game? It has got to look awesome.

GG

Desertfox

Post by Desertfox » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:14 am

Try gamespot.com, they probably have screenshots of it up.
Erwin Johannes Eugen Rommel's Number One Fan!

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:53 am

Try this one... http://gamebiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8407

or do an Atari Axis & Allies search.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:52 pm

it is too sweet to be true. So Mr. Harris have they told you much? Will IC's be added? Will more than 1 type of Arm, Inf, or Art and so on?

PAGAN

Post by PAGAN » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:06 am

I think you should expect this:

Command & Conquer meets Axis & Allies.

You will probably get money based on elapsed time.

It is possible to get money based on map zones.

Do not expect a global map. It will be a local map just like C&C.

You will 'upgrade' infantry by spending money.

You will 'upgrade' armor by spending money.

In fact everything will be upgradable.

You will have to make different kinds of buildings. (costs money)

The only thing resembling A&A, is going to be the name.

Let's see how RIGHT I am.

GROGnads

Maybe more like "Sudden Strike" & "Total

Post by GROGnads » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:56 pm

From what the screens shots look like, it appears to be more akin to "S. S." & "T.A." for all intents and purposes. Since I've already GOT them, it doesn't appear that I'd be interested in THIS! Let me KNOW when they decide to make the game just like the boardgame is being played and then I'll be willing to cough up, or more likely HAWK up, for the certainly to be expected, over-priced CD-Rom version! In the meantime, I'll just have to be content with getting back into "Dark Age of Camelot" for my one and ONLY online gaming participation. WHY oh WHY are they "doing" this!? Who is the 'idjit' that decided: "Well, now WHO would WANT to have the NEW game for online play, when they could have THIS!, just in case they DON'T already HAVE "C&C", "T.A.", "S.S.", or the innumerable likewise type games?" Please, someone "B."-SLAP that person for me and countless others? I only wish that I had the time and money to afford going to the so-called "Head"(in Naval parlance) Office and placing some of my well worn CORK boots in some well deserving posterior orifices, although I'd expect to have to remove some folks craniums from those firstly! GAWD! Please folks, start up an email, or better yet, phone CALL barrage at these imbeciles and get them going on the proper means for a online BOARDgame-like product, thank you. YAY!
Last edited by GROGnads on Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:09 pm

The Video is awesome... But Mr Harris do you have any involvement in this project?

GG