Atari RTS announced

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:32 pm

Guerrilla Guy – you ask if I have any involvement. My answer is most definitely… More so in the early opening stages. I periodically review and comment on design milestones as they come in. Let me be clear here… This is an RTS.

ry2k

NICE

Post by ry2k » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:55 pm

Looks good larry keep up the good work

Northern Paladin

A&A in real time strategy

Post by Northern Paladin » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:29 pm

I would actually like to know in what ways does the game reflect A&A other than having its name, the two factions and the five armies.

Will units and weapons be the same as A&A?

How many units will we be able to deploy? Is it large scale battle or more "up close and personal?"

We want details!

Thanks!

Sirrus

Post by Sirrus » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:46 pm

In any case, I can't wait to try it out...
Judging from the latest screenshots, it looks like its going to great.

Northern Paladin

Post by Northern Paladin » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:09 am

ry2k

Nice Review

Post by ry2k » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:31 am

Hey Northern Paladin, thanks for the info. Does anyone else see this as a serious must buy?

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:56 pm

I've been envolved with this project for almost 3 years now.
Let me remind you... This is a "Real-time-strategie game. It is Axis & Allies but first it's an RTS.

This is going to be a big hit.

ry2k

yes and yes

Post by ry2k » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:38 pm

Imperious leader, I completely agree that the majority of A&A enthusiasts are looking for a turn-based experience, but I got a chance to demo the game at Gencon in Indy and it is a solid RTS with the option of playing strait turn based. They included a map similar to A&A where you control one of the 5 super powers and move pieces much like our beloved board games. Here's the catch, once you move a piece you have the option to "quick resolve" which is much like an AI or dice roll, or the option to go into that territory for a RTS battle. The graphics are amazing and the guy at the atari booth described the game as, "more strategic than tactical". He showed me reginemtal control of units which minimizes micromanagement and makes it much less of a click fest than most other RTS's. I have to say I was impressed with this new version of the board game I've loved for so long..