Transports and Amphibious Assaults

Here are the Tournment Rules for Revised Axis & Allies
BlackWatch

For Pagat and for Larry

Post by BlackWatch » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:15 pm

pagat wrote:@BlackWatch: I'm very sorry to annoy you with my strange questions - but I needed some help to get the transport rules correctly. You are right - my question 1a) was unneccessary. The only reason I put it here is that I cited a rule for question 1b). The rule on page 7 confused me, because it mentions exceptions in an exclusive manner. So I would support your proposal - or just leave out the exeption with blitzing tanks in this sentence, since it is explained later in the rules.
Thank you for your explanation of the LHTR's intent!

@Krieghund: Thanks again. Now I think I got the rules completely and can explain them well to my friends. I'm looking forward to my first game :)
You did not annoy me at all Pagat. Having a fresh set of eyes looking at the rules for the first time is often the only way to spot things that get overlooked when we've gone through the rules hundreds of times.

If LHTR v1.3 is adopted as the "out of the box" rule set (love to see it happen!), then making sure ANYONE can understand the rules correctly if they are stranded on a desert island with no "outside expert" to call is the objective for the rule book.

Larry, are you thinking of modifying the sub rules for basic play, or just for optional play? The reason I ask is that many of the clubs run tournaments that in online play by email can take more than a year to run. They all use LHTR v1.3 (which has had no substantive changes in its three versions - only issues clarifications for things such as Pagat has pointed out). Changing the substance of the rule would mean that we might need to carry two sets of rules for quite a long time.

Thanks,
BW
BlackWatch

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:18 pm

BlackWatch – The answer to your question is …sub rules are most likely going to be changed. It is not impossible that other mechanics may also be changed. I have this opportunity to make rule changes so I’m going to make some. I would appreciate your comments. At this point I think what is going to happen is a set of rules, called Axis & Allies version 2.0, is going to be created. These rules will be based on LHTR but with some alterations.

BlackWatch

Post by BlackWatch » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:58 am

Larry wrote:BlackWatch – The answer to your question is …sub rules are most likely going to be changed. It is not impossible that other mechanics may also be changed. I have this opportunity to make rule changes so I’m going to make some. I would appreciate your comments. At this point I think what is going to happen is a set of rules, called Axis & Allies version 2.0, is going to be created. These rules will be based on LHTR but with some alterations.
OK - thanks for the heads up on this Larry.

BW
BlackWatch

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:07 pm

Thank you

pagat

Post by pagat » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:14 pm

@BlackWatch: Thanks! From that view I haven't seen it. It is rather difficult to write rules that everyone can understand (immediately). When searching for the FAQ, I found the LHTR and since these rules are written with a lot of details and answered almost all of my questions, I decided to use them rather than the OOB rules.

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:11 pm

Well HOW ABOUT that...