LHTR : AA-Gun Ownsership

Here are the Tournment Rules for Revised Axis & Allies
PAGAN

LHTR : AA-Gun Ownsership

Post by PAGAN » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:59 pm

LHTR ver.2 : page24

Usable by Invading Forces: If a territory is captured, any antiaircraft guns there are also
captured. Their new owner is the player owning the territory at the end of this turn. They can be
used by their new owner in future combats. Antiaircraft guns are never destroyed, except when a
transport carrying one is sunk. If you move an antiaircraft gun into a territory controlled by a
friendly power, place one of your control markers under it.
-------------------

By placing your control marker under it you are basically saying this one belongs to this country.
The User of that AA-Gun is the Owner of the gun not the owner of the territory
So if Germany takes a territory (such as Caucasus) with a russian AA-gun on it, that AA-gun no longer becomes Russia. It is now ONLY german until some other Allies country takes it back, and THAT Allies country becomes the new owner...?

---------------------

now what happens when a german AA-gun is 'captured' in a russian territory by UK.... So basically Uk liberates the territory....

The Once USSR AA-gun -- which was turned into a German AA-gun , is now a UK-AA-gun in caucasus...?
The reason I am asking this question is that I was under the impression that an AA-gun always belonged to the Original Owner. That if Germany took Caucasus AA-gun.. it would be used by germany... and if Uk took it back, the AA-gun would revert Back to USSR
I need clarification on this
AARe : Axis & Allies Enhanced global warfare, where the leaders of nations will decide the destiny of the world. Do you have what it takes?

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:48 pm

When a territory changes hands, the ownership of any IC and/or AA guns in that territory generally changes with it. Whoever gains control of the territory gains control of the IC and/or AA guns. It doesn't matter who the original owner of the AA gun or IC was.

Say Russia and Karelia have been captured by Germany. If the UK captures Karelia, it gains control of the territory because the Soviet capital is enemy-held. It also gains control of any IC and/or AA guns there, because control of these transfers with control of the territory.

The only exception to this occurs in situations where territories have been captured when they would have otherwise been liberated because a capital was under enemy control, as in the above example. When these territories are subsequently liberated along with the capital, the rule is a little different.

Continuing the example above, if the UK liberates Russia, control of Karelia (along with any other Soviet territories held by allies) reverts to the USSR. Control of any ICs in these territories also reverts to the USSR. However, the AA guns in non-capital territories would remain under the control of the country that owned the territory at the time of liberation (the UK in Karelia's case).
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

PAGAN

Post by PAGAN » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 am

Ok Krieghund

Thank you for clarifying that for me

I see that in : Liberating a Territory , specifically states the ownership of the AA-gun in either situation __
capital fallen with territory liberated = X
capital ~fallen with territory liberated = Y

AARe : Axis & Allies Enhanced global warfare, where the leaders of nations will decide the destiny of the world. Do you have what it takes?