2.0 National Advantages

Here are the Tournment Rules for Revised Axis & Allies
Rakeman

2.0 National Advantages

Post by Rakeman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:14 pm

Anybody else feel the LHTR 2.0 National Advantages are worse than the 1.3 ones? It seems that there were a lot of "quick fixes" implemented. For example, Fortress Europe replaced with German Scientists, and Superfortresses replaced with American War Economy. These NAs seem like quick fixes to fix potential problems with the other NAs. Banzai attacks was destroyed, on top of that. Finally, Japanese Battleships became absolutely godlike. I dunno, I very much prefer the 1.3 NAs, they have more flavor and uniqueness IMO.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Superfortresses and Banzai Attacks were way overpowered and needed to be nerfed. It was decided to replace Superfortresses entirely rather than implement a fiddly solution.

Fortress Europe was simply redundant, doing much the same sort of thing as Atlantic Wall. It was decided to replace it with something more unique.

Most Powerful Battleships didn't change between 1.3 and 2.0, and isn't overpowered. By the odds, it will afford you one extra hit every six combat rounds. Unless you're building massive fleets, that's only going to average out to be one extra hit per battleship per major naval battle.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Rakeman

Post by Rakeman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:48 pm

Krieghund wrote:Superfortresses and Banzai Attacks were way overpowered and needed to be nerfed. It was decided to replace Superfortresses entirely rather than implement a fiddly solution.

Fortress Europe was simply redundant, doing much the same sort of thing as Atlantic Wall. It was decided to replace it with something more unique.

Most Powerful Battleships didn't change between 1.3 and 2.0, and isn't overpowered. By the odds, it will afford you one extra hit every six combat rounds. Unless you're building massive fleets, that's only going to average out to be one extra hit per battleship per major naval battle.
I was talking about a combination of Most Powerful Battleships and Naval Night Fighting. I do think Superfortresses were overpowered, but Banzai seemed kind of over nerfed.