LHTR 1.3 _ Transports & Amphib

Here are the Tournment Rules for Revised Axis & Allies
PAGAN

LHTR 1.3 _ Transports & Amphib

Post by PAGAN » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:19 pm

page 8 . TRANSPORTS - when referring to amphibious assaults it says to see special combats page 19.

page 19 . ---- nothing about amphibs ----

page 12 . Special combats and amphibs are there

Just want to make mention of this as a necessary correction

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:43 am

Where can we find the "official" version 1.3? The link BlackWatch posted earlier to version 1.2 is now broken.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:38 pm

Pagan- Thanks for the catch. The section that is being referenced in that statement is on page 13 in the LHTR v1.3, not page 19.

Krieghund- The link that was listed by Blackwatch was for a message board that was a part of the AAMC site (dicey.net). AAMC has abandoned that site since it was hacked earlier this year.

I don't know if they plan to come up with another message board to replace that one.

The latest version of the LHTR (v1.3) can be had at this link:

http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorsem ... ay2006.pdf

It was to be hosted at the daak site (as it had been before) but once the work had been done on the LHTR to incorporate the Multinational Attack rules, Panther wanted to talk about AA Gun concerns that had surfaced. He didn't want to have to post a v1.4 (with changes concerning AA Guns) right after posting a v1.3.

I felt that the work done on the Multinational Attack rules needed to be posted asap following the heavy debate we had concerning it and that we could talk about AA Guns later.

I got Greg Smorey (GM of the Origins and Gen Con Indy A&A tourneys) to put it on his site and I have not gotten back to dealing with what Panther had brought forth.

Craig

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:33 pm

NIT-PICK ALERT!

From page 8, top of column 2:
Any land units loaded during the combat move phase must unload during the same combat move phase, unless the transport carrying those units is forced to retreat from a sea combat in the intended offloading sea zone.
If an amphibious assault occurs after a naval battle, the units will actually unload during the combat phase, not the combat move phase. The wording should be changed to:
Any land units loaded during the combat move phase must unload during the combat move or combat phase of the same turn, unless the transport carrying those units is forced to retreat from a sea combat in the intended offloading sea zone.
I know, it's really picky, but rules lawyers have a field day with this sort of thing.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:29 am

So true!

Craig