Subs in shared sea zones

Here are the Tournment Rules for Revised Axis & Allies
DY

Subs in shared sea zones

Post by DY » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:31 am

Hi Larry & co

If my sub starts its turn in a shared sea zone NOT containing an enemy Destroyer (it was attacked by san AC and BB during my opponents turn but survived and submerged) can it rake advantage of a submarines special ability to treat hostile sea zones as friendly and move out to attack elsewhere, or does it have to follow the normal rules for fleet stalling and remain to do combat where it is or retreat to friendly waters?

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:43 am

Welcome back, DY!

Any sea unit in the situation you describe can move out and attack elsewhere, not just subs. From page 7 of the rules:
At the beginning of the combat move phase you may already have sea units in spaces containing enemy units that were there at the start of your turn. This situation will require you to do one of the following: remain in the sea zone and conduct combat; leave the sea zone, load units if desired, and conduct combat elsewhere; leave the sea zone to load units and return to the same sea zone to conduct combat; or, simply leave the sea zone and conduct no combat other than sailing out of harm's way. You may not load units while in the original contested sea zone. Once these sea units have moved and/or participated in combat they may not move or participate in the noncombat move phase of the turn.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

axis_roll

Re: Subs in shared sea zones

Post by axis_roll » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:36 pm

DY wrote:Hi Larry & co

If my sub starts its turn in a shared sea zone NOT containing an enemy Destroyer (it was attacked by san AC and BB during my opponents turn but survived and submerged) can it rake advantage of a submarines special ability to treat hostile sea zones as friendly and move out to attack elsewhere, or does it have to follow the normal rules for fleet stalling and remain to do combat where it is or retreat to friendly waters?
He lives!

Hey DY... happy holidays!

DY

Post by DY » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:00 am

Hi guys, thanks for the quick response, I was pretty sure my move was legal, but I appreciate your efforts.

I've been hiding out at DAAK because I like to play low-luck and I'm not interested in playing AARe, also I've been running my own computer store for the past 30 months which has sapped a lot of my time up.