New Version

Newly released Conquest of the Empire by Eagle Games.
Flashman

Re: New Version

Post by Flashman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Ah, that's exactly how I envisage your family.

All long before my time, of course.

Didn't one of those dudes burn down the Little House on the Prairie?

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Yes basically im known as the new Ben Cartwright. I am very generous and believe a man's word is his bond.

In fact im working on a game currently which would be set in this period with mining, timber, cattle, farming, and oil interests. Random factors like Indian raids, drought, mine collapse, fire, and other events are from a drawn card.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:16 am

I want to be the Injuns. Otherwise I ain't playing.

Injuns with Iron Horses.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Any way of waking Larry up?

Anyway, new idea - do we need a map at all?

Using this board;

Each player has:

1 Caesar
4 Generals
20 Infantry/Legions (4 for each leader)

All Start in Rome. Roll a dice each turn: you may move any ONE leader and his 4 starting legions the rolled number of spaces.

All "property" spaces are conquerable provinces with defending barbarians - defeat them to conquer the province. You may build a fort & leave a garrison to defend against other players. When you have all provinces in a Diocese you can build cities = increased income.

Leaders can drop off and pick up legions; a general can move a maximum of 7 with him, a Caesar 10. When a Caesar moves onto or through Rome he collects taxes on owned provinces.

No fighting in Rome!

Germania Magna & Parthia can be invaded but never controlled. If you defeat the Parthians, sack their capital for loot. If you defeat the Germans gain some glory. In each case you may proceed to Rome for your Triumph!

A leader can recruit new troops in a controlled city.

Fines etc are placed in Dacia.

Armies stopping in desert, mountain and sea zones suffer attrition.

Leaders can be captured and ransomed.
Attachments
RomopolyBoard2.PNG
RomopolyBoard2.PNG (151.5 KiB) Viewed 2233 times

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:25 pm

The good thing about this map is the names would keep changing like an ever changing kaleidoscope of second guessing based on wind direction. It does also have a firm structure and is probably easy to play.

Flashy, i got alot of ideas for Civil War game. Its time to work on that, which if you want to have influence this is the direction to go.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:37 pm

OK, but like I said post a new thread.

Leave to Caesar what is Caesar's.

Speaking of which, some more stuff I want:

* Facility for 7 players, including new white Roman faction (Britain or Belgium as new starting area

* BC Expansion set including Eastern (Persian) map extension, Greek armies, elephants, Parthian units, scenarios including Alexander vs Darius

If the map is done as I suggest there is no reason the same boards cannot be used for all scenarios, with the three pieces used where appropriate. Its the placement of the town and city pieces that determines the relative value & income of the different provinces, changing according to the various setups.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Hey is this game actually happening or what??? I've been wondering what Larry will do next. In the meantime I've been thoroughly enjoying the current lineup of AA: AA1914, G40/42, AA42 and AA41. Been busy with work and school but we are entering the cool season (November thr. March) where most of my gaming is done. Ah, I love Michigan- well at least Summer and Fall time anyway, good gaming passes by the winter better. :D

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Ah, I love Michigan- well at least Summer and Fall time anyway
How bout a game based on the show Hardcore Pawn where typical citizens of this state buy and sell things like Monopoly.

Here is one scenario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK3yTKQhsto

Joking.

Anyway Civil War game is what it is. The whole war. It would be cheap to make. However, it seems WOTC is finally getting rid of Avalon Hill by years of neglect. You don't see anything but AA from them.