VI Caesars: Submission from Larry Harris

Newly released Conquest of the Empire by Eagle Games.
elbowsanchez

VI Caesars: Submission from Larry Harris

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:24 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by elbowsanchez on Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
-The evil Bert & friend

The Old Soldier

Thanks L bow S!!! and thanks Larry!!

Post by The Old Soldier » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:36 pm

This brings back some old memories!! If I remember right there was no cavalry, instead there were a small number of elite Infantry. Also the battles were on a battle board in rows that were to simulate battle lines. Did I get that correct?? Been along time since I played this one.

Legions represented just that. Legions that included the small cavalry cohorts that were attached to them. Happy times.

Sean

GROGnads

You are CORRECT Sir!

Post by GROGnads » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:06 pm

Yes, there WERE some ''Elite Infantry'' types and those were supplanted with 'Cavalry' in their stead. If anyone ELSE has ever 'noticed' it before, then you'd SEE 'this' displayed on that old GAME advert-'insert' that was given with the 'Game'. On that, it shows a 'Combat Card'~or something like it~ in which ''Elite Infantry'' are depicted, and if I recall, they had a 'Sword' held overhead to indicate THIS. Check it out and someone get back to US about this then.
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:18 pm

Why are their so many blank counters? It looks like the entire right side of each counter sheet is blank. Was this game like COTE? can the rules be scanned?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

GROGnads

What those BLANK ones are...

Post by GROGnads » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:28 pm

...and they represent 'Control Markers' for the various 'Factions' as denoted by the COLORS. Well, yes this IS the precursor of ''Conquest of the Empire'' in its 'pre-neat-o' BITS 'Milton Bradley' incarnation.
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:28 pm

this game is the daddy of COTE...part of the citadel series i believe...
-The evil Bert & friend