Eagle Games Announcement

Newly released Conquest of the Empire by Eagle Games.
Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:17 pm

Great idea.... give yourself a :idea:

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:03 pm

very little information at eagle games,

someone found this, which i thought interesting...well...maybe not...

"Here is another snipit from Rick Thornquist's report from the New York Game Fair:
I hope he doesn't mind me cutting and pasting his work...

The new version of Conquest of the Empire is on its way. We had previously reported that the game will have two rulebooks – one that will basically be the same at the original game (with fixes for the catapult issue) and there will be a new set of rules as well. The big news is that the new set of rules will be based on the highly regarded Martin Wallace game Struggle of Empires. This game will be available in May 2005. There is an expansion planned for this game that will include the Persians, Greeks, Egyptians, etc – it was initially going to be released at the same time as the base game, but these plans have changed. The expansion is likely to come out next year."

doesnt sound like too much changed with the original game other than catapult issues, and the other version of COTE, is now based on someone elses game...how ironic...sounds like a trend, using other's ideas to create your own...

is this true larry, nothing more changed with your version???

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:31 am

Seems like the plans have changed. By the way - where are you getting this information?

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:29 pm

New York Toy Fair 2005 Report: February 21, 2005 (Day 2)
Posted on Feb. 21, 2005 by Rick Thornquist

that information was at the eagle forum, and talk about NO interaction of any kind from eagle on much of anything...a bunch of people getting very little if any information, so they find it themselves...

eagle needs to remember what made them popular, the fans that buy their games...i find the energy at that forum restless and void of anything informative...they obviously need a protector of purity / reminder patrol...

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:39 pm

Thanks elbow - that was great reading.