Some new pictures!

Newly released Conquest of the Empire by Eagle Games.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri May 20, 2005 2:02 pm

There are also blue, purple, yellow, green, and black pieces, but obviously they're all look the same.
And why could we not have Silver,or gold instead of Purple? Something like the colors that were in the first edition seemed better. This orange board with the purple pieces is way too Las Vegas.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

holywolfman

Post by holywolfman » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:10 pm

Not to 'butt' in...I just wanted to share with you guys that my gaming group had tried some gameplay with the "new" rules....I have posted a brief review at Eagle Games: *(scroll down a bit)

http://eaglegames.zeroforum.com/zerothr ... 620&page=3

...I think this is going to be a HUGE success! I think the game looks GREAT and plays awesome (like the original but fixes some "issues" which many are well aware of by now)

Larry, I was just wondering:

Are you personally excited by the "NEW" combat system and the "New" unit structures? I personally think the "NEW" Galley scuplt is awesome! Actually all of the pieces are awesome looking...but, do you like their NEW uses? Galleys are a bit weak now, right? Infantry, I think, are too good now!
Anyways, I have tried playing couple of games of the "NEW"-style rules and still had a great time!

...I think even the "Advanced/ CotE2" rules should take the game to a whole new level, IMHO!
-Nick- :)