Tribute scale/cities/regions...how do they work?

Newly released Conquest of the Empire by Eagle Games.
holywolfman

Tribute scale/cities/regions...how do they work?

Post by holywolfman » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:06 pm

OK...first off:

"I just want to shout out to Larry and say 'hello' to my fellow gamers...especially to you Elbowmaster and Grognads!"

As some of you may (or may not) know...I have been looking forward to the reprint of CotE game by Eagle Games! This should be good...for it was one of my fav GM series game to play!

Reading through the "NEW" rules...I was a bit shocked to see some new changes...some were good and some may need further tinkering to see if it was going to work.

What I am really stumped on and I am sorry if I missed it in the rules (for over 20 yrs now)....How does the tribute scale in relation to the cities and regions gained handled?

All this time we thought you would receive the income value from the Tribute scale for what you currently own in addition you would receive bonus 5 talents PER city owned PER turn.

ie: If Johnny owned lands worth 40 points and he currently has (3) cities... We always played it: Johnny would receive 5 talents per turn per city....for the cities and only 40 pts for the region he currently owns! The next turn he would get an additional 15 talents moved up the track for having the (3) cities plus the lands he owns (which is 40)....so would he be at 70 talent mark? Basically, does he get a bonus (15) talents EACH turn for having 3 cities....plus his land?

Is this correct?

If not...how does one get to second inflation mark (205 talents)- would be almost impossible!

I was just informed by Ted (official Eagle Answer man)....that it would be 55 talents per turn...meaning if Johnny would just have those lands worth 40 and (3) cities...he would receive 55 talents PER turn....is that correct?

(Have I been playing it wrong all these years?)- :?

Please...someone straigthen this out for me once and for all!!! (There are couple occasions that I have been wrong...doesn't happen all too often-lol)- :D
-Nick- :)

GROGnads

GOOD to SEE you TOO

Post by GROGnads » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:53 am

HEY HEY and it is sure nice to have you here with US as well.
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:50 am

I'm afraid you've been playing it wrong - the bonus does not increase every turn.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

holywolfman

Post by holywolfman » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:55 pm

(Now you tell me!)-lol Actually, yes, we had been playing it wrong for ALL THESE YEARS! It was an honost mistake. Even now as we see it...and even after playing the "right" way...we actually liked "our variant" way better! [oddly enough]- 8)
-Nick- :)