COTE II: collecting money request.

Newly released Conquest of the Empire by Eagle Games.
pope

COTE II: collecting money request.

Post by pope » Wed May 03, 2006 9:54 am

Hi all and thanks to those who will like to help me.I am writing from Italy and I would have a question regarding the rules of COTE II as it seems like there's something missing,compared to the 1st rules.
My question is:
how do we collect money at the end of the turn exactly? Just by receiving 5 per influence token we won in every strategic province ( plus cities bonuses of course)?
if so, what about the Gold and Silver Coins printed in the map even in the NO-strategic Provinces?
I ask this as playing with friends it comes really confusing to understand this point.this way we won't ever have enough money,and most of all,we don't understand the utility of other provinces.
In case we still can receive money from outer provinces,how do we do that?There are no other province tokens,so how could we put our influence there?
Thanks a lot!

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed May 03, 2006 10:38 am

You are collecting money correctly. The coins printed on the edge map are just there to track the Victory Points collected by each player during the game - they have nothing to do with income.

Are you placing the additional Province Tokens at the beginning of each Campaign Season? If not, that could explain your lack of income.

The value of the non-key Provinces is strategic only.

Hope this helps.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

pope

Post by pope » Wed May 03, 2006 3:07 pm

Krieghund wrote:You are collecting money correctly. The coins printed on the edge map are just there to track the Victory Points collected by each player during the game - they have nothing to do with income.

Are you placing the additional Province Tokens at the beginning of each Campaign Season? If not, that could explain your lack of income.

The value of the non-key Provinces is strategic only.

Hope this helps.
thanks for your reply.
I am sorry but i still do not understand, if we can only place influence tokens by replacing Province token, then we can take only the key provinces, and money cannot raise that much.
I also don't see the point then to move troops outside of a keyprovince,if those do not give me any income... :cry:

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed May 03, 2006 4:19 pm

The number of Province tokens on the board grows each Campaign Season as more are placed, providing more potential income in the key territories. You can also buy opponents' Influence tokens in territories where they have no units and you have a caesar or general.

The strategy of using the outlying territories is to manuever around and/or surround enemy troops so they can't retreat.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok