Axis & Allies Revised Edition Online (BUGS)

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
FleetAdmiral

Post by FleetAdmiral » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:14 pm

I came across another bug.

As the US. Turn 1, Japan attacks Far East with 1 TRN and 1 BB. No attack on Hawaii. I attack SZ 62 with Hawaii force (2 FTRs, 1 CV, 1 SS). Plus FTR on West Coast and BMR on East Coast.

After winning the battle, the game would not allow me select my other FTRs (all 3 FTRs survived) to land. The Hawaii Carrier FTR had 2 movement points left, which would have allowed me to land in Alaska. My carrier also survived the battle.

I had to unfortunately quit the game...

EDIT:
Last edited by FleetAdmiral on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ever had the IJN have 4 BBs, 4 fully loaded CVs, 2 DDs, 5 TRNs, and 1 Sub -VS- 3 US BBs, 3 fully loaded CVs, 3 TRNs, 11 DDs and 1 Sub?

Commands: Galactic Empire Data Bank

Sinister

Post by Sinister » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:51 pm

I'm usually moderating the game lobby chat at night sat -sun. I'll book mark this page and have people add to the one on gleemax as well.

Thanks

Sinister

Post by 03321 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:28 pm

FleetAdmiral wrote:I came across another bug.

As the US. Turn 1, Japan attacks Far East with 1 TRN and 1 BB. No attack on Hawaii. I attack SZ 62 with Hawaii force (2 FTRs, 1 CV, 1 SS). Plus FTR on West Coast and BMR on East Coast.

After winning the battle, the game would not allow me select my other FTRs (all 3 FTRs survived) to land. The Hawaii Carrier FTR had 2 movement points left, which would have allowed me to land in Alaska. My carrier also survived the battle.

I had to unfortunately quit the game...

EDIT:
Hey, Fleet, I was in that game with you (I was UK, you were USSR/USA I believe). What you're describing wasn't a bug, it's just an annoyance. After you quit, I took over on USA's NCM and was able to move one of the fighters to Alaska and end the turn.

The way it works is similar to loading 2 transports with different types of units. Say you load 1 trans with 2 inf and another with 1 inf / 1 tank. If you click on the stack of 2 transports it will first select the transport with 2 inf, if you click again it will then cycle to the other trans with 1 inf / 1 tank. This works the same way with aircraft that have different movement points remaining, it just isn't visible the way it is with transports.

squirecam

Post by squirecam » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:24 pm

Perhaps this was covered already, and I can see why there may be a problem...

But there should be an option for using LHTR, and a bid.

Sinister

Post by Sinister » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:31 am

they've decided to have us work on other projects, so now I won't be in there on weeknights.

Please you the feeback link provided at start up. Hopefully I'll see you guys in there on my own time.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:51 am

Bummer!
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:21 pm

I had a chance to play another game against the AI this weekend. The game is still allowing you to make noncombat moves during the combat movement phase. It also still has trouble dealing with carrier and fighter movement.

At one point, I tried to move three fighters and a carrier into a sea battle. The carrier had one guest fighter on it. One of the moving fighters had no valid landing space other than the carrier, but the other two could land on nearby islands. The only way it would let me do this was to move the fighter that had to land on the carrier first. Apparently, if I moved one of the other fighters first it was assuming that that fighter would land on the carrier, so no more space was available.

In another instance, I was able to move a fighter to a space that would only be legal if a carrier moved there to pick it up. I then proceeded to move the carrier to another location, making the pickup impossible. It allowed this no matter which order I moved the pieces in.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:41 pm

just had a new client download, wonder what and why if they plan to close the show in a couple of weeks...??
-The evil Bert & friend