What I would like Larry to design

If you can't figure where a given topic fits - place it here.
suit

Re: What I would like Larry to design

Post by suit » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:13 pm

Capital ships due to reverse engineering, have the ability to use the Martian shielding, can only be used once for a battle, per turn. Resets on following turns, only if the capital ship(s) returns to a friendly port.

Another purchase option, all surface ships(sans transports), can move three spaces at a time.

Another purchase option,, mega-transports can carry three units at a time.

Finally any cruiser and DD can participate in a shore bombardment.

suit

Post by suit » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:36 am

Next the possible option or upgrade for the 1917 and 1942 game of hard targets.

For the 1917 game, late modified nineteen and early built twentieth century forts. They could be built on older castles/royal fortresses or more gunpowder era star forts. Modernize theses sites could be preprinted on the game board, or, if on a secondary game like a Battle for Verdun, you place cut out tiles to make your forts on the game Board(with additional tiles for example minefields and water traps).

The forts, including those on the sea coast, could come with a built garrison of say 4 infantrymen and two artillery units. Theses units never leave the forts, and, once used up they are gone forever. Attacks numbers are the same, but, for defense it goes up by two, for the Infantrymen and Artillery.

You can increase the garrison with additional units to a limit of ten.

As for the 1942 game...

suit

Post by suit » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:09 am

By 1942 former Axis and Allies member are glad that the French built Maginot Line now serves as a obstacle to the Martian Invaders. This line of continuous sunken concrete battleships now serves a new purpose, actually spreading across several hexes, in a follow up game.

The possibilities are many, the Martians now trying to move up from parts of Australia to jointly defended Guadalcanal. An Martian army suckered into trying to take Stalingrad, while another army ends its journey in ruin, at Saratoga upstate New York, and, so forth. Secondary games are only limited by your imagination, and, by the countless potential Minis marketed for them.

In the regular 1942 game, the Maginot Line could be preprinted for Northern France, with the same stats as the 1917 game. Since it is so large, it could come with 6 Infantrymen and four artillery units.

As for the Modern Times 2025 game...

suit

Post by suit » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:57 pm

Here it goes very science-fiction, taking a page from Risk 2210/ Fortress America and Buck Rogers in the 25th. Century.

Purchase/Upgrade: Upgrade regular copters to hover-copters, with an increase attack of one.

Land base electron particle beam, which disrupts all Martian shielding, in any one area.

Killer satellites/mini-drone shuttles launched from a high altitude for example B-52 bomber.

How to get these upgrades...

suit

Post by suit » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:40 pm

Hope to be back soon, am dealing with multiple earthquakes now, thanks, Pellulo

suit

Post by suit » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:39 pm

To get them, if not through some card action, or, a one time thing for a round via a card. Theses would be permanent up grades, eligible after a certain round. Using the basic system used in the original 1980s core game. You put up 5 IPCs and throw a die, if you get a six, throw again and what ever number shows up 1 to 6, is what you get.

Of course getting that super sub two times in a row, or, where the Martian navy is already wiped out is a bitch.

Also if there are multiples of purchases available, like three or so aviation, you might have to throw another die to see which one you get. Who says only six purchases are only up for sale?

How to get around such a onerous system, you...

suit

Post by suit » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:21 pm

House rule them, some purchases for only some games, or, if you roll the six on the first time, you pick what you want to purchase. The options are near endless, later the iPad is dying, no electricity sufficient for recharging, thanks, Pellulo

suit

Post by suit » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:52 pm

As for the Martians, should they get any purchases?...